What is the Graco Magnum X7 Paint Sprayer? For any handyman, remodeling contractor, or any serious DIY person, this is a wish come true for painting needs and purposes. It is best to use when spraying it to light or medium exterior or interior coating applications using its .017 spray tip which delivers 15% more output compared to the Magnum X5.
- AutoPrime – A guaranteed fast priming every time
- PowerPlug – It is a suitable power source due to the lighted power plug
- Stainless Steel Piston Pump – Highly durable with a longer lifespan to assure more spraying jobs.
- Chrome Plated Handle – Clamps are quickly released that makes for secure storage with durable handles that are easy to clean and maintain.
- Reverse-A-Clean Spray Tip – Material clogs are quickly cleaned off with the reverse power of its high precision spray tip
- Power Flush Adapter – It could readily be connected to any standard garden hose for more comfortable and faster cleaning.
- Flexible Suction Tube – Small or significant projects can be directly sprayed from 1 to 5-gallon containers.
- Adjustable Pressure Control – Symbols used for rolling and spraying for high to low are aligned and user-friendly.
- Convenient Cart – Easier mobility for the paint sprayer while on the job.
- Paint Saver Pail Hook – Together with the cart, moving a 5- gallon paint container can be moved effortlessly.
Buy It On Amazon
Graco Magnum x7 Parts
There are many parts of Magnum x7 that are worth looking, but here are the main ones.
- Frame – The unit comes with different frame designs. The main ones are a hi-boy cart and cart design that provides durable quality workmanship. Hi-boy cart is no longer available. The cart conveniently carries a 5-gallon paint container around.
- Wheels – The cart comes with 2 wheels and handles that make it easy to maneuver.
- Piston Pump – Magnum x7 features a stainless steel pump. It enables it to work even more efficiently while providing reliable results. The pump is quite durable.
- Suction Tube – This unit provides a flexible suction tube that removes the need for filling paint buckets time after time. It enables you to use either a one gallon or five gallons paint bucket with the sprayer.
- RAC Spray Tip – Magnum x7 comes with a durable RAC IV Spray Tip. It is a reversible tip that helps you to continue spraying even when it’s clogged by reversing it.
- Pressure Control – The other part of this machine is the 5/8-horsepower motor which supplies 3000 psi. It comes with a 50 feet hose as well as an adjustable knob for keeping the pressure under control.
- Power Flush Adapter – It connects to your garden hose for easy and fast cleaning.
- PushPrime – It helps your unit to start every time you want to use it.
- Accessories – There are hundreds of accessories that you can add to this model including tip extension and a longer hose.
Benefits of using Graco Magnum X7 Paint Sprayer
The Graco Magnum X7 Paint Sprayer has been designed explicitly for remodelers, maintenance people, severe DIYer, and property owners who regularly paint their decks, rental properties, exterior or interior projects, fences, barns, and houses. The debris and dirt that usually happen during painting jobs are easily handled and cleaned by the InstaClean pump filter and gives it a professional finish as well. The adjustable spray settings provide a full option of various coatings which works well with up to .017 in tip sizes.
- The power piston that comes with the product gives a smooth function with an easy action allowed by the pump.
- Clogging is avoided because of the cleaning up of previous debris as a great feature of its auto prime.
- It is the best spray gun for DIY people to use.
- It has a very durable spray gun that will last for many paint jobs.
- The cleaning operation is made faster and easier because of its easy clean cart.
- The paint saver pail hook minimizes spills on the move by allowing easier movement of the cart with a 7 gal container which keeps the pail on a level.
- After bouts of using thick paint materials, the gun has a tendency to get jammed.
- It is deemed as being too expensive compared to other brands.
The customer score regarding Graco Magnum X7 Paint Sprayer online has a rating of 5 out of 5A which makes it as one of the best products to use for painting jobs. Customers like the design and easy to use features. The video demo online by Graco was very helpful in giving tips and tricks to the customers for easy maintenance and use of the product. The customers also found it a breeze to clean especially the spray gun. They particularly liked the limited overspray and mist that were produced when the product was used for indoor painting. While it has been stated that it uses more paint spraying compared to a traditional roller by around 20%, the fantastic finish more than compensates it. They also found painting high, difficult, and narrow areas easier to do with the use of the power roller attachment.
Read Customer Reviews
Overall customer feedback is very favorable to the product which has been termed as an excellent product to use to make painting jobs easier and manageable.
How to use and maintain Graco Magnum X7 Paint Sprayer
How a sprayer is used
One of the fastest and easiest ways to finish most painting jobs is to use paint sprayers. It is quite easy to use that needs a little knowledge and practice to get it right and achieve a professional look to painting jobs in no time.
Whether you are an experienced or a newbie painter, here are some tips to guide you when using the paint sprayer:
Correct Sprayer Setup
Each sprayer will have different set-ups depending on the sprayer, but the necessary steps will always be:
- Connect the hose to the spray gun
- The sprayer needs to be flushed and primed before using.
- The tip and guard have to be installed before using.
The instruction manual that goes with the product has to be read carefully which could also give detailed information on how to use the sprayer.
Preparations for Proper surface
The surface has to be prepared before spraying which is the most critical aspect of any painting job.
The Graco Magnum X7 Paint Sprayer can give a bit of overspray so it would be prudent on the part of a painter to protect the furniture, baseboards by covering them before spraying. It is also well to take note of the wind’s directions when the painting is done outdoors and cover plants or shrubs with plastic protection.
Proper ways to spray
Paint can be evenly distributed which could give a professional finish to the job when these techniques are used:
- A long and continuous motion gives the best coverage. Before triggering the gun, the movement should already be started and continued even after the release of the gun trigger.
- There should be a 12- inch distance from the surface when using the spray gun.
- There should be a 50% overlap to your spray pattern which you can get by aiming the next pass at the previously painted area’s edge with the tip of the spray gun.
How to Maintain
The features of this product are almost maintenance-free such as:
- The hardened piston pump made of stainless steel has a lifetime lubricated pad that can do away with maintenance after painting jobs are done.
- Fast painting job clean-ups can be done with its Power Flush cleaning adapter.
- The cart is easy to clean with a foldable handle that can be brought down for compact storage.
– Cleaning this Graco X7 careful is the best way to maintain. All the part of Graco should be cleaned after every use to make it long-lasting, and bring the best cover for the next time of application. Disassemble every each of part, and then rinse with the suitable liquid for each section.
Checking these parts for cleaning or replacing as needed:
- Inlet Screen
- Manifold Filter
- Gun Filter
- Tip Filter
- Hose Connections
- Inlet Suction Tube
- Gun Body
- Tip Guard and Tip
- Trigger Safety
- Trigger Guard
- Power Cord
– When spraying, never cover the pump with any rag or plastic; ensuring that it gets a good air-flow path into motor keep the sprayer cool.
– Especially, in the cold climates, do not allow water or paint to freeze in the internal parts or the hoses thus water freezes can cause breaking damage.
– In the Gas Units, let’s check the oil level regularly and changing it follow the owners manual.
– Storage the pump in down location, never put it under any pressure by laying something on it. And always remember that less exposure to air will reduce corrosion, brings the long-lasting for your paint sprayers.
Graco Magnum x7 Troubleshooting
Whether you have been using your Graco Magnum x7 for years or you are a first time user, you might run into some troubles that require troubleshooting. Here are some issues that you might encounter and how you can resolve them.
- Nothing happens when the sprayer is on – Ensure that your machine is plugged into a functioning outlet. Turn it on, and then turn the pressure control knob clockwise to start the motor.
- The motor keeps on turning on/off – This is normal. The motor turns off when you release the gun trigger and then on when you pull the trigger.
- Paint shots out of the spray gun when the trigger is pulled – The spray tip might be jammed. Turn it 180-degree to the unjam position, point the spray gun into a container and then pull the trigger to unblock it. Remember to turn it back to its spraying position.
- Wants to eliminate tip jamming – Strain your paint of the debris.
- There are lines at the bottom and top of the spray pattern – Turn the pressure control to a higher level. Move near the surface. If that doesn’t help, get a bigger tip size.
- Spray fan isn’t solid – You might be having a tip plug. Turn the tip 180-degree to the ‘unblock’ position, point the spray gun into a container and pull the trigger to unclog the tip.
- Paint leaks from the bottom – You need to service or replace the pump.
- Fluid leaks from the point where the spay hose connects with the spray gun – The connection isn’t right. Tighten it using a wrench.
- Sprayer won’t draw or prime paint up from its bucket – Ensure that the suction tube and the strainer are totally submerged into the paint.
High ratings can be given to the Graco Magnum X7 that is well worth the money invested when people buy the product. Some have even regretted not knowing about it sooner and have opted to buy other cheaper options that did not give them their money’s worth. The most popular feature that is seen as its best is its time- saving auto primer and power flush ability. Also, if you love the compact and lightweight paint sprayer, you can also choose Graco Magnum X5. It can be used anywhere, easy to clean and maintain.
Read another article: Best paint sprayer on market 2017-2018!
(Visited 193 times, 1 visits today)