When it comes to the house painting, you think that everything will be done with a painting bucket and a brush only. Well, it is not wrong, but it is a conventional way. If you want to save as much time as possible when painting to further increase the overall quality.
Then this is a good time to find out another versatile solution. And that solution you have been looking for is a battery operated paint gun. It is a good idea to change the way of painting your house! The point here is figuring a suitable battery operated paint sprayer.
My Recommendation for the Right Battery Operated Paint Sprayer
1. Wagner 0518080 Control Spray Max
Wagner 0518080 is a necessary cordless paint sprayer that everyone should take in their house. This is one of the most popular machines for a home-improvement task. Most of the people prefer using this model because it is lightweight and small in hand. Additionally, it is ideal for all painting projects that you should take at least one.
The paint is kept in a cup under the device with an additional smaller part for more sensitive work. This is a smart design for large or small surfaces! With a 10 level dial, you may modify the paint gun easily.
The product has a 20 feet long hose to move it anywhere you want to. For example, you can go around the house or a smaller room to paint. Just take the handheld part in hand and let other parts for the unit!
With 3 major adjustable categories of spraying, the equipment can help you quite well under circumstance. For instance, you might go anywhere from a half inch to 12 inches of the wide jets.
Besides, it has 2 stages of turbines which will provide you with several paint types like the latex, lacquer or anything else. This paint gun is a good choice for all DIY persons to save time and many bucks on a budget.
- Ease of open, use, and clean
- Strong construction
- Powerful turbine
- Affordable price
- Quiet operation
- Many cups to choose from
- A bit big of the nozzle
- A bit wide in the pattern (it is better for using in smaller projects only)
2. Graco Magnum 262800 X5
After the Wagner, Graco is also a prominent brand that most of the people love. Due to the built-in feature, you can paint anywhere like walls, wood painting and so on. It is said that the gun is good for spraying custom furniture and cabinets with paint and other finishes.
Graco Magnum 262800 X5 is also an incredible device which could paint and make any coating. You may have a thick acrylic, a heavy-based paint or even the latex one. In other words, you need to consider the price and how to use it only. Anything of the equipment does not matter with the coating.
If you want to paint in a small corner or any material, you could take this paint gun at a high-quality level. Another fantastic point is the weight and the frame. The construction is solid enough and lightweight to keep it on the one hand in several hours.
Most of the handypersons and DIY homeowners love this Magnum X5 pretty much. Select the gun when you want to do it on a quarterly basis. Moreover, the stainless-steel pumps could be more durable with a strong capacity of the battery.
- Modern features (it is easy to understand how to use when following the instruction)
- Minimal effort to paint
- Ease of set up, apply, and clean
- Lightweight and strong unit at the same time (for long-lasting and ease of use)
- Worth product for the money
- A bit difficult to control the suction (when you draw down about 2 inches of coating)
- Wasted time of setting up and cleaning up (more than using a brush or a roller)
- CONTROL PAINT FLOW: Fully adjustable pressure to give you ultimate control of paint flow for any project size
- SPRAY PAINT UNTHINNED: Stainless Steel Piston Pump allows you to spray paint unthinned at high pressure
- SPRAY DIRECTLY FROM PAINT BUCKET: Flexible suction tube allows you to spray directly from a 1 or 5 gallon paint bucket
- FAST AND EASY CLEAN-UP: Power Flush Adapter connects to a garden hose for fast and easy cleaning
- IDEAL FOR INDOOR AND OUTDOOR PROJECTS: Can support up to 75 ft. of paint hose giving you extra reach for your projects
3. Fuji 2202 Semi-PRO 2 HVLP Spray
Fuji 2202 is also a great choice for the battery operated paint sprayer. It provides reliability and excellent quality with some special features. When keeping this model in hand, buyers will recognize that it is not a toy gun for kids.
It has a strong construction. It also contains a smaller gallon cup to adjust the paint flow in some small details. In general, it gets a long 25 feet hose. Thus, you enable to put it in a bucket and pain
Though the paint gun has a 1.3 mounted cap on the nuzzle, it is still a professional sprayer. It makes a sturdy, stable jet of paint which will cover all points of the flat. The 2 stage motors can work over 1400W at any paint.
- Ideal for any project
- Strong and heavy turbine
- Durable paint gun
- 2-year limited warranty
- Flexible Hose
- A little sound when operating
- A bit difficult to clean
4. Graco Magnum 262805 X7
The Magnum X7 is also a fabulous paint sprayer in the X series of the Graco brand. The X7 has more features than both the X3 and the X5. It is hard to believe that the price is so unbeatable, but this is the truth! (Check the price and do not surprise)
Every part of the gun is built with durable materials with solid frames. The sprayer has 2 wheels for users to move it easily when necessary. You are able to control the unit as a piece of cake! If the product does not have any wheel, the 100 feet hose still will spray any surface.
Another amazing point in this model will help users save time. It is easy to clean by connecting the hose to the valve. Then, the water system will do its job in the spray gun.
- Ease of set up, use, and clean (you just read the manual or view a DVD)
- A better choice for outdoor use
- Smooth coating
- Powerful motor
- Reasonable price point
- Not endurable in the hose
- A bit noisy when operating
5. FLEXiO 590 Sprayer
FLEXIO 590 Sprayer is also the suitable battery operated paint sprayer for all kinds of projects (outdoor projects and smaller indoor rooms). The first point I like about this product is the X-Boost turbine. This can create peerless power and offers an adjustable handle. Furthermore, it can modify air pressure for exact control of any coating.
Though this is a handheld gun, it is lighter than other conventional airless sprayers. So, everyone can use it as easy as pie. This is another point I love this unit because of the nozzle technology.
FLEXIO 590 also has another latest technology. Have you ever heard of the iSpray technology? The iSpray probably offers more than 60 percent airflow to create smooth and incredible coverage with any finish.
- Robust motor
- Adjustable paint flow with a smooth coating
- Good product with new technologies
- Ease of use and clean
- A suitable device for any project
- Reasonable price
- A little bit heavy product (users have to handle the unit all the time, and they feel tired of their wrist)
- Not stable in the paint flow
- PERFECT FOR A VARIETY OF PROJECTS: The Flexio 590 paint sprayer is great for applying a superior finish on furniture, walls, ceilings, exterior siding, fences, cabinets, trim and more
- TWO NOZZLES INCLUDED: iSpray nozzle is ideal for spraying larger jobs and Detail Finish Nozzle is great for small projects and fine finishing
- SPRAY UNTHINNED MATERIALS: X-Boost turbine delivers the power to spray unthinned interior and exterior paints and stains
- ADJUSTABLE PAINT FLOW: X-Boost Power Dial has 10 speed settings to easily adjust the flow of material and achieve precise control. Pattern adjustment can be horizontal or vertical and wide or narrow
- 10 TIMES FASTER THAN A BRUSH: This paint sprayer covers an 8’ x 10’ surface in 1 min for stains and 5 min for latex paints and can spray up to 8.0 gallons per hour. Plus, clean-up only takes 5 minutes
Benefits and Drawbacks of Using the Battery Operated Paint Sprayer
A paint gun is a helpful device for painting a house. However, it also has some downfalls behind. It is essential to recognize between these points to support you catching a cordless paint sprayer.
Lots of Benefits
- Speed: Doing with a paint gun is much quicker than using a roller and a paintbrush. The tiny particles of a paint gun can reach out every nook and a small corner of a wall or any piece of furniture. Paint brushes or rollers cannot get small areas like those due to its shapes!
- Ease of access: A paintbrush or a roller can paint easily in all areas. However, if you want to be even more efficient then a paint gun suits you the best . With a paint sprayer, you don’t need to be concerned about this issue anymore.
- Coating: If you want to have a smooth finish then you should use a paint gun for the best result. You have to paint many times to evade blemishes. A paint sprayer may offer the undamaged coating. This is because all paint particles make a great mist and cover all surfaces. This is the best benefit of using this device as people can paint their window frames, stairs, and other stains on furniture.
- Saved time and budget: What should you do when you have to paint several walls in 5 rooms with window and main-door frames? Will you hire other people to get a hand? Think this solution again as the budget for outsourcing is likely higher than buying a device! My choice is purchasing a paint gun (whether you select a handheld paint sprayer or the cordless one).
- Spend time on finding the true product: because of the variety of the product, you are enabled to purchase a fake device from a famous brand. It’s highly advisable to take time to choose the desirable product for the best quality and reasonable price. Low-priced quality makes your life harder!
- It is difficult to clean: Some people suppose that they do not need to clean this device like paint brushes or rollers. If you do not do that, your paint guns will get much debris and clog the head. To clean it properly, it’s essential to learn the manual to learn how to clean the paint gun and restore it to its best state.
- Must notice the preparation: Preparation is essential for every painter since it can make their job much easier. You have to assemble every part of the device, and the unit does not have a wiggle room.
- It is worth it for small projects: If you need to paint a wall or some, you should not purchase this device. Paint guns are brutal for small jobs as you have to settle much money, taking time to prepare and wash.
Some Aspects to Take Into Account Before Making Your Purchase
Fineness of Nozzle
Patterns of the Sprayer
Speed and Power Level
Quality of the Battery
When it comes to the battery operated paint gun, it is important to check the battery quality and its capacity as well.
In the quality of the battery, the rechargeable point is necessary. This is because the battery should keep up under lots of safe use.
Different weather conditions can impact on the quality as well. Moreover, the average charge time is crucial. It would be great if you probably know how long the battery will run on the charge time. Ask the seller and read the manual at the same time to ensure these points.
Because the price of a paint gun is not low at all, you should consider how well the product can work on different projects.
It would be amazing if the device could be on the walls, window and door frames, stairs, small corners in the doors and windows, etc.
Some people said that a high-quality paint spray also works well on different materials with a smooth finish.
When it comes to the battery operated paint sprayer, customers often love Graco, Ryobi, Milwaukee, and Wagner. These are reliable brands that you can find out the proper model for you.
Please keep in mind that you should select the reputable shop to avoid fraudulent brands. I know that it is not easy to pass this point. However, you can ask the seller to show you the paperwork.
Is it Difficult to Use a Battery Operated Paint Gun?
It is not complicated to use a paint sprayer. You can read the manual, but it is better to know the primary use initially. No matter you will purchase the Ewalt cordless paint sprayer or the Milwaukee cordless paint sprayer.
- Stir the paint and get rid of the debris through a strainer.
- Test the model with a piece of cardboard or the plywood. You will know how well the gun is (when observing the distance between the gun and the flat).
- Move your entire body to realize it.
- Move another surface when you are more confident. Combine your feet and body slowly to spray (the coating is not suitable when you hurry).
- Spread out spaces to evade light patches.
- Spray vertically for the corner areas.
- Check the whole surface after painting one time. You should use a brush or a roller for a specific situation.
Some Additional Tips
- Always do a practice to control the unit and complete a painting task completely
- Consider the paint color to mix it
- Wear protective gear such as a mask and gloves (you do not want to smell the paint and your kids too!)
- Think of the time to do (it is essential for those who have children at home)
- Pay attention to the power cord of the gun
- Take into account the weather condition in advance (the paint quality is linked to the weather)
- Clean the unit after use (this will improve the quality of the gun, and it is durable)
The battery operated paint sprayer is the answer for painting a house, a car, or just a room. Do your homework first and you will find the right product easily! Do not forget to see the brand and check your wallet at once.