Before taking a deep consideration into the list of 13 best products, let’s figure out the general knowledge about an air compressor!
Top 5 Best 12V Air Compressors
List Of Top 13 Highest-quality 12-volt Air Compressor Products
1. Best Compressor for Vehicles – Viair 00088 88P Portable Air Compressor
This product is a perfect air compressor for trucks, small ATVs, SUVs, and sedans which have the tires with the size at up to 33 inch.
Viair 88P has a max working pressure at 120 PSI which helps users fill tire in a very short period of time. It also has capacity to work in high pressure with during significant time: 45% duty cycle with 4.5 minutes of running and 5.5 minutes for cooling down.
However, the units can burn through the compressor with light use.
- Great power
- Quality built
- Accurate gauge
- Relatively quite
- Range can be easy to extend
- Getting quiet hot
- Too heavy for its size
- No case
- Have to be charged directly
Overall, Viair 88P is a high-quality air compressor at a reasonable price, which is suitable for filling your tires to prepare for an off-road trip on tough terrain. Buy it now or regret later!
2. Best digital tire inflator – Helteko Portable Air Compressor Pump 150PSI 12V
This air compressor is a best choice for inflating tires of car, bicycle, motorcycle or basketball by an auto pump.
Made of high-quality materials such as ABS plastic and stainless steel, this product can be used for a very long time. With high multi-purposed power, it allows users to inflate a tire of a mid-size car fast in 3-5 minutes.
A minus is that the inside construction is not close enough, therefore it’s easy to be broken during delivery.
- Auto shut off
- Long strong cable
- Emergency led light
- Digital LCD display
- Portable and easy storage
- Get quiet hot when running
With low price and good warranty, Helteko Portable Air Compressor will be the best choice for filling air in the medium-size tires and balls. You should buy it to support your household purposes!
3. Heavy duty compressor for tire inflation – VIAIR 300P Portable Compressor
Viair 300P is a portable air compressor which suitable for both on-road and off-road vehicle.
This products offers a max working pressure with 150PSI, which helps users inflate air in the tires in only few minutes. You can save much needed time because this compressor only operates while the trigger on the inflation gun is pulled.
However, the gauge of this product seems not to work well.
- Deluxe carry bag anti-vibration tray
- Quality storage case
- 5-in-1 inflator/deflator inline pressure gauge
- Over-long coil hose
- Deep clamp-on tire chuck
Although it has a quiet high price, its quality and features will meet all your demands. Viair 300P is a super-good inflator for all kinds of vehicle that you should buy!
4. The Safest Digital Tire Inflator – EPAuto 12V DC Portable Air Compressor Pump
This product is one of the most digital tire inflators for bikes, sedans, minisize SUV and cars.
It plugs directly into cigarette lighter socket of your vehicle. Besides, it also auto shuts off when reaching the desired tire pressure to prevent over inflation.
However, sometimes the flashlight on the pump comes on solid and could not turn off.
- Running in quiet
- High-speed inflation
- Powerful operation under high pressure
- Get too hot during operation
EPAuto 12V DC Portable Air Compressor Pump is good enough for your mid-size tires inflation with low price. It’s suitable for normal air filling in household tools. Let’s grab one!
5. Most Versatile – Kensun AC/DC Swift Performance Portable Tire Inflator
Are you seeking for a good 12 volt inflator for your car? Kensun AC/DC is an attractive air compressor that you should take a look!
With dual solid metal motors provide superb power, it’s super fast and easy for Kensun AC/DC inflating your tires. This product is also a multi-purpose inflator for tires of bikes, sedan and midsize SUV; as well as the adaptor for balls.
However, it shuts down frequently, and the cooling down time takes so long.
- Top up in high speed
- Good warranty
- Durable construction
- Easy to read
- Smoke sometimes
- Slight burnt smell
You should buy this product in case you need an inflator to fill air into not-too-big tires in a very short time. With average price, it offers you wide range of outstanding functions.
6. Digital Tire Inflator Tire Pump for Car – Mbrain DC 12V Portable Air Compressor – 140W 150 PSI
Mbrain DC is another best suggestion for digital air compressor which mainly pumps air into car tires.
With exclusive powerful 140W power engine, Mbrain portable air compressor gives you fast inflation with the rate of 35 L/min to add air. Not only being used for car, this product is also used widely in bike, motor, ATV, compact or midsize Sedan SUV, even sport and camping equipments.
However, the high productivity does not last for long time.
- Bright LED flashlight
- Large LCD display
- Exclusive full-screen protection
- Accurate built-in gauge
- Get really hot when running
- Just handle with a certain amount of air
Yay! Mbrain DC is a cheap portable air compressor which can pump air with a small amount into things. Let’s grab one if you need to buy the one for inflating your small things such as mid-size tires, balls or sport tools!
7. The best budget pick – Fortem the Extra Mile Digital Tire Inflator for Car
It’s certain that everyone needs a digital air compressor to fill air for your tires. Fortem will be a great choice for you!
This product is easy to operate and use. With a maximum pressure value of 150PSI, Fortem can pump air into the tires constantly. Equipped with multiple nozzle attachments, it can be used for different kinds of vehicle.
The minus is that the heat during operation leaks through the rubber hose.
- High-quality construction
- -Bright LED flashlight
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Get too hot during operation
If you are seeking for an inflator not only for cars, but also for motorcycles, bicycles, ATVs, Jeeps, sports balls, air mattresses and water toys, this is certainly a good-quality air compressor with super-low price that you should take a look!
8. Tcisa 12V DC Portable Air Compressor Pump
This product is considered as a smart air compressor with preset target pressure and auto off while the preset value reached, which excessive inflation. It is suitable for cars, bikes, mid-size sedan or balls and boats.
However, the motor sometimes stops suddenly while operating.
- Over inflation prevention
- Fast pumping air
- Bright LED lights
- Easy to read
- Short-time performance
If you are looking for an air compressor with cheap price, well organization and good operation, Tcisa 12V DC Portable Air Compressor Pump will be the best choice!
9. Most Powerful AstroAI Portable Air Compressor Pump
A digital air compressor with a lot of functional features is a thing that many people hunt for. And AstroAI Portable Air Compressor Pump is an ideal one.
Equipped extra nozzle in this product will bring your car a huge amount of compressed air. A high-flow pump inflates your tires up to 35 L/m, putting you back on the road quickly.
However, it cannot be strong enough to pump air into a big-size tires.
- Easy and quick use
- Advanced accuracy
- Overheat protection
- The hose gets super-hot after minutes of using
- Smell of plastic
This product is super cheap. Although it just can perform well on small things, it’s still considered useful in some case.
10. Longest Hose TireTek RX-i Digital Car Tire Inflator
This product will support you with a super-long hose, which helps avoid reaching your tire valves. It is also a great portable tire inflator for cars and trucks with the ability of automatic shutting off once the inputted pressure.
Sometimes the air cannot be compressed into the machine, therefore it needs a higher quality stem connector.
- Desired pressure
- Quiet operation
- Strong construction
- Inaccurate pump
Although it still has some basic faults, this product is still a good selection for household usage. And its price is also at a low rate, which is reasonable for everyone!
11. Best automotive Master Flow MF-1050 Tire Inflator
This portable compressor is not only essential for filling up the car tires, but also suitable to pump air into bicycle tires, balls or water tubes. It can work under high pressure with fast operation.
The connection between the compressor and the tire is not close enough, therefore sometimes the air leaks out of the pump.
- Easy to use
- Heavy duty power
- Good warranty
- Efficient air flow
- Short inside stem
With an average price, this product is good enough for people those who frequently take off-road excursions to bring along with them.
12. Most Compact P.I. AUTO STORE Premium Air Compressor Tire Inflator
This premium air compressor will bring users a wide range of convenience including compact robust design, which makes it ideal for storage in the trunk.
Some customers reviewed that the switching buttons might as well have been decorative because they does not work significantly.
- Large LCD display
- Quick connector with valves
- Lifetime warranty
- Weak LED light
- Shutdown from overheating
It can be considered as a must-buy item with low price and functional features. This item also has a wide use for various kinds of vehicles and tools in your house.
13. Lowest price product: Lifeline AAA 300 PSI 12 Volt DC Air Compressor
It’s simple to plug the DC power cable into cigarette lighter socket, attach the quick connect air hose to your tire and turn the compressor on. Therefore, it brings user a great convenience in operation.
However in some case, it makes the tire get lower and lower.
- AAA quality
- Good warranty
- Air leak
With a cheap price, the quality of this product is at an average rate. You should buy it if you are finding an air compressor to fill your bike tires, balls or bring along on road for emergency cases.
Main Features Of An Air Compressor
What does Air Compressor do?
It was common for many people to use a common power source to transfer the energy into all parts of a mechanical mean. When this term turned out of date, people started to use a new system to drive the machine by utilising the available energy stored in air that’s under pressure. And the main component of this system is the air compressor.
Air compressor is a device using diesel, an electric motor, gasoline engine or other type of motor in order to convert power into potential energy by taking in air at atmospheric pressure, forcing more and more air into a storage tank and delivering it at a higher pressure.
Air compressor is used widely for a variety of applications, especially in constructive purposes. It supplies a high number of power for pneumatic machines such as grinders, sanders, jackhammer in works or buildings.
Besides, air compressor is also a useful tool that is indispensable in every family with functional features for household applications, including inflating car tires, bike tires or balls. You may need an air compressor to supply power for a blower to remove all dust and leaves out of your yard or floor.
Moreover, you even can use an air compressor to support the devices of cleaning brick, stone or house siding. You are planning to paint the fence, build a deck or roof your home? Air compressor will be a great ‘supporter’, which provides you a certain source of energy to operate necessary tools outside!
Types of Air Compressor
There are 2 main kinds of compressor: Positive displacement and Dynamic. Each one contains different compressor types.
Positive displacement compressor: is a system which operates mainly on the displacement of mechanical linkage of reduction in volume to compress the air. Positive displacement compressor includes 2 kinds: Rotary compressor and Reciprocating compressor.
- Rotary compressor: is a type of gas compressor which is commonly used to replace piston compressors in case a large volume of high pressure is needed. Rotary compressor is suitable for large industrial applications and high- power air tools such as jackhammers and wrenchers. Rotary compressor contains other different types: lobe compressor, screw compressor, liquid ring compressor, scroll compressor and vane compressor.
- Reciprocating compressor: is a kind of air compressor which uses pistons driven by a crankshaft to delivery gases at high pressure. Reciprocating compressor is widely used in applications including chemical plants, natural gas processing plants, refrigeration plants, oil refineries, gas pipelines. It contains other different types: diaphragm compressor, double acting compressor and single acting compressor.
Dynamic compressor: is a system which operates based on the inertia and momentum of a fluid. Dynamic compressor includes 2 types: Centrifugal compressor and Axial compressor.
- Centrifugal compressor: is also called radical compressor, which a sub-class of dynamic axisymmetric work-absorbing turbomachinery. Centrifugal compressor is used widely in turbocharger, turboprop, turboshaft, gas turbine, auxiliary power unit, centrifugal-type supercharger.
- Axial compressor: is a kind of gas compressor which can pressurize gases constantly. It operates mainly based on airfoil in which the gas or working fluid principally flows parallel to the axis of rotation or axially. Axial compressor often supports the operations of jet engines, gas turbines, as well as large industrial applications including blast furnace air, large volume air separation plants or propane dehydrogenation.
What Do You Need To Consider Before Buying An Air Compressor?
To make a right decision for purchasing an air compressor, the purposes are the first factor that you must consider carefully. You have to answer these questions: ‘Do I really need to buy an air compressor?’, ‘What will I use the air compressor for?’, ‘Is the air compressor suitable for my plants?’, or ‘Can the air compressor help me with my tasks?’.
Components of an Air Compressor
After knowing clearly your purposes for using air compressor, let’s take an observation to the features of the product. There are various components in an air compressor that you need to take a careful consideration of the components in the air compressor before buying an air compressor, including:
- Compressor air filters: It is an important part which removes dust from the air compressor to keep it clean all the time. Let’s choose an air compressor equipped with the air filters to save your budget because a dirty air compressor will reduce the output capacity and consume a larger amount of energy.
- Air compressor motors: You should keep an eye on this part of the air compressor. Every air compressor runs by a motor system. And the most popular kind is electronic motors. Especially in large applications such as industrial plants or oil refineries, electronic motors system is an indispensable component to support the operation of the air compressor.
- Pressure switch: This component is inclusive in every air compressor. It performs the function of informing when will the air compressor start or stop operating. Instead of the mechanical switching device in the old versions of air compressor, a separate controller with LCD-screen is used widely in today’s products.
- Oil filters: Oil filters are usually equipped in large air compressors such as oil-injected screw compressors. It is a necessary component which filters all the dirt out of the oil in the storage of the air compressor to supply a completed clean oil for the best performance of the compressor. Besides, oil filter in the air compressor also protects other moving parts including bearings, compressor element, and valves from breaking down.
- Compressor valves: There are different valves in an air compressor and each valve plays a specific function. Here are some most significant kinds of valve that you should pay attention to: Inlet valve, Outlet valve, Check valve, Unloader valve.
- Compressor cooler: It is one of indispensable components in an air compressor. Why? Because the air compressor releases a super-high level of heat everytime it generates the air for operating, it really needs a component which can help cool down the high temperature in the system. There are mainly two kinds of compressor cooler: big one and small one depended on the size of the air compressor. You should pay attention to this part in case a big air compressor equipped with a small compressor cooler and it cannot reduce heat to perform its best functions.
- Distribution system: it is the most necessary part which ensures the capacity of an air compressor with the standards of flow, pressure and air quality.
Type of Air Compressor
According to your purposes, the area of your working sites, and the plants that you need to work on, you should find out a wide range of information about various types of air compressor and take a careful consideration before choosing an air compressor.
You should check carefully about the warranty of an air compressor product before buying. Most of the air compressor products will be exchanged or refunded in 1 year from the day you purchase for the product.
Let’s choose a product with a good warranty to extend the using duration of your product by replacing damaged parts in air compressor when in the warranty period.
Our Last Words
There are several air compressor products in the market nowadays. With this 13 top best air compressors list that we collected, hope that you will grab a suitable one!
Don’t forget to send a feedback for us whenever you purchase a good air compressor!
I am a licensed architect who is passionate about all things home improvement industries, I have been doing DIY painting projects and have developed lots of experience around home improvement over the 10 years.