If you want to protect household appliances and furniture from oxidation. Then the Brass spray paint will be the best hero to solve this terrible problem.
There are many types of brass spray paint on the market but you can not know which one really has good quality. So I will make this review for you. I hope that you can get enough information to help you to make the best decision.
Top 5 Best Brass Spray Paint
Some Great Brass Spray Paint On The Market
In order to help you find good quality brass spray paint, I will introduce you to some great items which are sold widely on the market.
1. Rust-oleum Metallic Brass Spray Paint 1936830
When you use this brass spray paint, the paint will firstly go on bright, and then it will be darker after a while. The color that you would receive is a beautiful copper color.
Although the can looks quite small, the quantity of brass paint inside is enough to paint a coffee table.
If you want to use brass spray paint on some metallic furniture, you may want your item to be shiny, right?
- This item can be dry in a quick time.
- It creates great protection for your painted items.
- It can be used on many objects such as toys, furniture, tables,…
- The color is not as shiny as the color from other products.
- At first, this item will be quite sticky.
2. Krylon Spray Paint Brass K02204
Fortunately the spray is full of metallic brass. The color that you would receive is a rose gold color. This item covers the object very simple and can be dried in about an hour.
The protection coat that the brass spray creates is great if you want to paint some office supplies, cosplay items… There will be great color effects on your painted items.
If you are looking for a super shiny color, then, unfortunately, this product is not suitable. Although the manufacturers write “Metallic” on the can, in fact, the color it brings is kind of matte color.
- This item is easy to use.
- The price is reasonable.
- The spray will make great color effects for your items.
- The painted object will not be super shiny.
- The color is not as metallic as the description on the can.
3. Rust-oleum Brass Spray 7275830
You are looking for some sprays which make a super shiny color? The two products above can not please you? Then this product will be your decision.
As I said, this spray will make for your items super shiny color. After you spray it, your painted items will be able to receive a beautiful rich gold.
This product can be used to paint many objects like windows, car wheels, bathrooms,…
It’s highly advisable to use 2 to 3 light coats so that the paint will dry faster and save a lot of time.
- It leaves good results.
- The cost is worth it for you to buy.
- The quantity of paint is much.
- The spray has strongly smelled which is quite bad.
- If you spray too much, there will be some “drip” effects.
- You need to mixture much or else the paint will come out the clump.
- Weather and corrosion resistant coating protects exterior/interior surfaces like wood, metal, concrete, masonry and more
- Oil-based formula provides a durable protective coating with excellent rust prevention
- Dries to the touch in 20 min and covers up to 15 sq ft
- Excellent resistance to abrasion, fading and chipping
- Finish contains ACTUAL metallic flakes and provides a brilliant, shiny finish
4. Rust-Oleum, Metallic Antique Brass 260728
Another brass spray paint that I want to recommend is the metallic antique brass 260728.
This brass spray paint will make a shiny brass color for every object that it is applied on.
This spray is simple to use. Using it, you will not worry about dripping, crackling, bubbling or any troubles that you may have with other products.
It is an estimate that it only takes about a day to dry so no worry there.
- It makes your painted items look more modern
- It resists fading and chipping
- This item has a good price and good quality
- You may get trouble with the nozzle
- If you press the nozzle too hard, the spray may clog and stop working after one use
- Works on virtually any surface including wood, plastic, metal, fiberglass, concrete, wicker, vinyl and more
- Oil-based formula with excellent adhesion prevents rust, resists fading and chipping for a long lasting finish
- Fast drying formula dries to the touch in 30 minutes and covers up to 15 sq ft per can
- Prevents rust and corrosion for enhanced durability
- Provides an attractive, rich, shimmering metallic look on surfaces
5. Seymour of Sycamore Metallics Spray 98-6
This product is a small can of paint packaged with an aerosol propellant.
I make sure you that the paint coming out of this spray will dry in no time. The indoor and outdoor protection made by the spray is also durable.
Besides brass, you can use it on many surfaces like different types of metals, woods, and wicker.
While using this spray, you must be careful. Avoid letting the paint apply on your body or your eyes. The materials of the product are the chemicals that are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects.
- It resists from weather, chemicals, and abrasion
- The price can be acceptable
- The producing process of this item is based on some modern principles
- These products is not shipped worldwide
- The store runs out of this spray quickly because the spray is not produced much like the others
- This product is quite toxic
What Is A Spray Paint?
Before digging deep into the detail of brass spray paint, we should learn to know what a spray paint is first.
Spray paint (or aerosol paint), is a type of paint for products, furniture (mostly from metals). Spray paint is stored in a container with high pressure. When the paint is dispensed, the valve will help you to release the mixture of paint and pressurized gas. The result will be a fine mist that applies simply to many surfaces.
In addition, to use paintbrush and roller, people often use spray paint for paint applications because it is quick, clean and simple to create protection for the painted items.
The spray paint has many different colors. But when you need to paint an item which is made of metals, brass spray paint with copper or gold color is the most suitable.
How Does Brass Spray Paint Work?
The brass spray paint is held in a cylindrical can. Normally, the materials to make the can are often light steel or aluminum. The surface can often have a valve, a tube, and a small pea.
When you press the nozzle, the mixture of brass paint and propellant gas will rush up the dip tube to respond to the sudden change in pressure. That is why the propellant gas can expand. This expansion can force the brass paint to rush through the tube and come out at the nozzle.
The pea helps you to maintain the mixture inside the can. Whenever you want to combine propellant gas and paint, just shake the can and the pea will do the rest. If you do not mix before using, the brass paint which comes out will be clump due to the uneven proportions.
How to Remove Spray Paint From Brass
- Use a plastic knife to scrape the paint from the brass.
- Use a bristle brush to apply paint stripping solvent for the brass spray paint that is still remaining. Then wait for about 5 – 10 minutes. The brass spray paint adhesives will be broken down thanks to the solvent.
- Take out the remaining paint with sandpaper.
- Wash the brass with sponge and soap.
- Use wet rags to rinse the brass and make it dry with towels.
Now you have to know what is a brass spray paint and top best brass spray paints of 2020. Hopefully, you will choose the right product.
If you still want to get more information, do not be afraid to get in touch with me. I am always here to help.
And now, thanks for reading!