The Graco TrueCoat Pro II Electric Paint Sprayer (16N673) was meant for those who are working on small projects and need them to be completed quickly and with a professional finish. Its main draw is its portability and quality despite its size and can spray consistently without any visible thinning and hiccups in pressure.
Despite its size, it completes the project with high quality and consistency; you will not see any discernable differences between a paint job by this spray gun and one by a machine much larger. Weighing at only six pounds, that is a lot of power in a tiny package.
- ProSpray- Professional grade spray painting without seeing any gaps in quality during the job. The piston pump will ensure that pressure is kept steady during ongoing work, with better continuity than other sprayers
- One-pass coverage– Consistency is present in different coatings, and you will have no breaks in paint pressure and quality as your spray.
- Get started quickly– Thinning is not required, as it uses the manufacturer paint as designed. You can get to work without having to dilute the paint.
- Included in the package– Storage/Carrying Case, pump armor storage, 32 oz round cup plus cover and five liners.
- 515 tip; reversible
The Graco 16N673 TrueCoat Pro II Electric Paint Sprayer is by far one of the most portable choices on the market if you need something done quickly and with quality. You will not have a hard time completing sectors since it is straightforward to carry around. Due to its size and the reversible tip, cleaning will not take long, and you not have to dilute the paint before starting, saving time and effort. Finally, with its convenience, it still provides a very professional finish, with a continuous spray pattern and consistent pressure.
Pros and Cons
- Portability- due to its small size, you can easily carry it anywhere where your job requires it, and can cover different sections without tiring.
- Easy storage- again due to its size, it is easy to clean up and pack away. It will not take you as long as bigger spray guns to completely rid it of gunk and leftover paint.
- Consistent for small projects- it has a lot of endurance when it comes to covering an area with steady pressure. Its ProSpray pumping action with deliver consistency in quality and thickness of paint, and you will not have areas where the coverage is thinner.
- Easy to set up- Very small with few parts, and you will not have to dilute or use paint thinner- just load it up and start working.
- Firstly, the Graco Truecoat Handheld Electric Airless Paint Sprayer goes through a lot of paint. You will need more liters of paint than you would originally expect, as it pumps through the storage quickly.
- Secondly, it was not made for heavy duty jobs. In fact, using it continuously for over an hour is pushing it- due to its compact nature, it can deliver consistency and power, yet will need to rest every so often. 40 minutes to an hour is possible for use, though any more than that, you will need a bigger machine.
The Graco Truecoat Handheld Electric Airless Paint Sprayer received a high score of rating by customers. That is an excellent result, especially for such a small machine not meant for heavy duty. Customers that knew what to expect from it were mostly happy with the performance, especially those with smaller home projects.
On the other hand, customers who were looking to complete larger scale projects were vastly disappointed, as they could barely get in the 40 minute to one hour mark without having to cool the machine down. The issue stated by these customers were that such a limitation was not posted among the features, and so they did not realize that they would not be able to work continuously for an hour or longer.
Usage and Maintenance Graco Truecoat Pro II
- Before everything else, make sure to read the manual included very thoroughly. There will be in-depth instructions for assembly, cleaning, and maintenance.
- Even if the spray is small, you must still treat it as a machine and as such, handle it with care. On the other hand, there is not much to worry about aside from general cleaning and disassembling it after each use.
- Make sure that whatever you will paint is scrubbed down and as clean as possible, to ensure a consistent spray job all around. Spray with a regular pattern, and adjust the pressure accordingly.
- Clean the machine thoroughly after each use. Regardless of its size, an infected machine will not work correctly.
The Graco 16N673 TrueCoat Pro II Electric Paint Sprayer does what it sets out to do very well. Here you have a small, portable yet powerful spray gun, that can deliver a consistent and professional grade finish. Its pumping feature will allow you to keep going without seeing any breaks in quality, and you can complete sections at a time without stopping.
As advertised, it is a small spray gun capable of pumping out high-pressure paint at a consistent pace, without having to thin or dilute beforehand. It is a grab and goes type of machine, a hand-held spray gun that will allow you to begin working without the typical set up of bulkier machines.
However, no matter how you slice it, it was not made to do heavy duty. You cannot expect such a small machine to be able to work the entire day without fail. A 40-minute job will be completed beautifully, though if you plan on tackling more significant projects, you really will need a bigger spray gun.