The Graco 17G177 Magnum ProX17 Stand Paint Sprayer will revolutionize your workday. Whether you are a severe DIY enthusiast, a handyman, or a contractor, the Pro X17 will make you work faster and smarter. Equipped with the ProXChange Pump Replacement System, the ProX17 allows you to replace the pump on the job without using any tools, thus eliminating downtime and keeps you spraying until you’re done.
- ProX Stainless Steel Piston Pump – For higher reliability and long life
- ProXChange Pump System – Eliminates downtime with quick, no-tools pump replacement on the job
- DC Motor – Supports longer extension cords and up to 150 feet of airless hose
- PushPrime – Fast and reliable start-up every time
- SG3 Metal Spray Gun – Premium spray gun with hose swivel making it easy to manage longer hose lengths.
- Reverse A Clean Spray Tip – Quickly clears tip clogs
- Compact Design – Easy to transport around the job site
- Adjustable Pressure – Easy control of paint flow
- InstaClean Pump Filter – Extra filtration reduces tip clogging
- Power Flush – Connects to a garden hose for fast and easy cleanup
Advantages of using Graco 17G177 Magnum ProX17 Stand Paint Sprayer
Over the years, more and more manufacturers are offering quality tools at a lower price. This trend has resulted in people benefiting from the advantages of a professional paint sprayer and likewise resulted in different manufacturers coming out with more models that have the same features and price tag. To simplify things for the savvy customer, we are focusing on the Graco ProX17 and how it stands out from other models of the same range.
Hands down, the ProX17 is made for professional use. The materials used on this model are at par with higher spec models that are more expensive. This doesn’t mean you have to be a pro to use it, but it sure does make you one with the ease of use and the results you will get.
For contractors, the ProX17 reduces a 3-4 day house painting job to just one whole day. Imagine the time you save will convert to more contracting jobs in the future. For the weekend warrior, this paint sprayer is very easy to operate even when instructions are a bit confusing to some. The 50’ hose is a dream to go to one area of your yard to the garage without lifting the unit. Plus the clean-up is a breeze as you only need to attach it to a garden hose. Lots of convenience improvement on this model compared to the previous ones.
- - The prime allows you fast and reliable start up each and every time.
- Super easy clean up by attaching to a garden hose and running the water.
- The dc motor allows you to have longer extension cords
- No tools pump replacement gets rid of down times
- Long-life stainless steel piston pump for greater reliability
- Work on your masking well. Powerful atomization of paint with this sprayer easily scatters to nearby areas you don’t intend to paint.
- Doesn’t have wheels for easy transportability
- Not suited for small projects
Use and Maintenance of the ProX17
This sprayer operates out of the box with ease. With a very short learning curve, even first time users will be amazed at how easy the ProX17 can be used. Not quite suitable for small paint jobs as you might be using more paint to prime the unit compared to painting, say a single door. The package comes with tips that can produce 4” and 10” spray patterns. Always choose the job well before turning on the unit. Always mask surrounding areas you do not want to have paint specs.
Maintenance is pretty straightforward. Just attach a garden hose, run the water and watch the paints come out of the sprayer. Air-dry the unit before putting back into storage. The simplicity of clean up puts this sprayer up there on the top picks.
What most buyers think about the ProX17
There are not many negative reviews about this unit. Mostly satisfied customers give it a high recommendation. Seasoned contractors own more than 1 of this unit and will tell you how much this sprayer made their painting jobs a lot more convenient. With a couple of tips that you can buy for this specific model, it would undoubtedly turn this sprayer into a versatile one. Some have pointed out the lightness of the materials used on this tool, but its actual performance easily overshadows that.
The performance rating is what matters, and the Graco 17G177 Magnum ProX17 has one of the highest. This sprayer will handle large jobs with ease and will virtually have no downtime thanks to its brilliant features. The 0.34 gallon per minute output is made possible by its powerful ¾ horsepower motor that smoothly drives the paint down to 150’ of hose with ease.
The compact size weighing only at 23 lbs makes it an ideal carry to any site. Although it could have used some wheels on the base, the simple bar footing keeps it stable even with some accidental tugs during painting times.
Small jobs are out of the question. It’s just not practical to use this unit for small weekend jobs as you might be using more paint than necessary. The big job is where the ProX17 indeed shows its full capabilities.
This is a perfect choice for those starting out a contracting business or those who wish to tackle big painting jobs around the house or deck projects.
Don’t be fooled by the compact size of this sprayer. It may look small, but it indeed demonstrates its capabilities when you test them. Adding some wheels would have given this sprayer decent floor movement without having to worry about it toppling down.
Overall, the ProX17 is by far the most preferred model in the Graco line of paint sprayer products. The perfect finishes you get from the spray patterns make this an ideal painting partner that is easy to clean-up with every single use.
Read another article: Best paint sprayer on market 2017-2018!