The ProX19 HiBoy is one dangerous tool for any contractor who wants to invest in quality tools that deliver. It’s well worth the price for the performance you will get on this paint sprayer. Designed for constant use, the HiBoy is packed with features that will handle bigger jobs and give you great looking finishes. This is one of the better sprayers that Graco has put out there in the market. Read on for more details on this reliable paint sprayer.
- Premium spray gun – The Magnum ProX19 paint sprayer comes with a metal SG3 gun. It’s a high-quality gun with a swivel that eliminates tangles when using longer hoses.
- Stronger DC motor – a 7/8 horsepower motor powers this paint sprayer, making this a machine that can give you an extensive coverage without showing signs of fatigue. This also allows you to use long extension cords and a hose that measures 150 feet long
- Easy maintenance – it has a ProXChange feature that will enable you to replace the pump in your unit without using any tools. This means less downtime and shorter breakdowns.
- Wheels – the weight of the ProX19 is almost 38 lbs and the wheels provided helps you move this around without straining your back. These are attached to a sturdy aluminum frame.
- Stainless steel piston pump – This feature increases reliability and improves service life.
- Adjustable pressure control – You will find the adjustable pressure knob in front of this machine that shows easy to understand symbols and lets you command the finish you want. The different mode selection is based on the coating that you will use and the type of application.
- Elastic intake tube & paint container hook – The flexible intake tubes can be used with either a 5 or 1-gallon bucket. This can be further adjusted during operation and allows you to change container on the fly. A pail hook is also provided so you won’t need to carry the sprayer and container separately.
- Quick clean-up and quality filtration – With the Power Flush adapter the unit easily attaches to a standard garden hose and hasten the cleaning process. When you encounter clogs, turn the spray tip and clear it out in seconds. Another excellent addition on the paint gun is the InstaClean Pump Filter with a proven track record on its performance.
- - Gives high turn around rate and highly reliable even when used on a daily basis.
- Literally allows you to paint miles of trim, thousands of square feet of sidings and every room in a large home.
- Deserves to be part of your DIY tool set for people maintaining large properties at different locations.
- The wheels installed makes it easy to move around.
- Easy cleaning and maintenance.
- A bit too heavy.
- Noise produced is quite loud.
- Setting up can take longer periods.
It’s hard to find negative reactions on the ProX19 Hiboy anywhere you look. This model is selling like hotcakes and should there be any negative feedback; it may be just an isolated case. The fact that contractors and professionals use this machine, there should be flaws pointed out already if ever they are worth mentioning.
Some prominent business contractors typically use the HiBoy as a back-up and not their main sprayer. Still, this says a lot about this machine on its reliability.
Can I use block fillers or thick latex with this sprayer?
No. The maximum tip size for this model is 0.019,” and it is not recommended to use these materials. You may purchase tip sizes ranging from 0.021 to 0.039” for thick latex and block fillers.
What’s the recommended size of extension can I use?
25 feet for a 16 gauge or 50 feet 12 gauge (AWG). Always follow manual instructions for best results
What are the dimensions of this unit?
Length is 20 inches; width is 17.2 inches and height is 37.2 inches.
How should I store this paint sprayer?
The ProX19 comes with a bottle of Pump Armor when you buy the set. It is designed to protect the components of the machine during storage. Of course, you should protect your unit from the elements when not in use.
Countless people from different industries have purchased or tried their hand on the Graco 17G180 Magnum ProX19 HiBoy paint sprayer, and the positive reviews are overwhelming. This machine proves to be a capable one. Professional painters should take this into serious consideration. It has served as a reliable backup or even a central unit for smaller businesses.
Powered by a powerful motor, pumping out gallons after gallons of material is a breeze. Its long reach around work areas makes every job faster to accomplish. The included high-end paint gun and filter combined with easy to swap pump feature means fewer clogs and less downtime. This unit can be very versatile especially when you start to mix it with aftermarket tips. The tip that is included with the Graco ProX19 is best for latex primers, latex interior and exterior paints.
When you begin cleaning this machine, you’ll realize why users rave about how easy it is to clean. Just attach a standard garden hose with the included adapter and flush away all residues. When all the water coming out is clear, you’re already done.
This particular model is a must-have for contractors and professional painters. That is the final verdict. It can be pricey for some, but it deserves a good look from anyone who aims to upgrade their trade. Check out all the features and price point and compare with the same spec models out in the market. You’ll find that the ProX19 HiBoy is lightyears away from the competition. The near absence of negative reviews alone proves this claim. If any, there are some shipping problems encountered, but that is no longer reflective of this machine’s quality and performance.
Read another article: Best paint sprayer on market 2017-2018!