The Graco Magnum Series is the best Graco paint sprayers, each of which comes in both common specifications and some outstanding selling-point features. If so, you shouldn’t miss our Graco X5 Vs X7 review as it will help you make the right decision.
Check it all now!
Graco X5 And X7 in Brief
Graco Inc., from a family-owned business headquartered in Minneapolis, has transformed into one of the world’s foremost manufacturers in the field of fluid-handling equipment and systems incorporation with many fluid treatment manufacturers from many countries like U.S, China, and Japan.
What sets Graco apart from its competitors is its solid foundation, with a long history of creation and innovation, a focus on highly-engineered, quality products, and the firm partnerships it has created since the very first establishment period.
About Graco X5 and X7
Recent research from Graco has shown that it is more efficient and time-saving to use a paint sprayer than a paint roller and paintbrushes.
If struggling with the assembling process is your reason not to buy a paint sprayer, you will regret it when finding out that it’s actually easy and fun to use this painting tool – take the two bestsellers X5 and X7, for example.
- Interesting facts about Graco X5
According to the manufacturer, Graco Magnum X5 is originally a family-friendly household painting tool, which is best suited for household painting.
The max output rating is 3000 PSI, quite enough to spray both water-based and oil-based undiluted paints, making the unit versatile and preferred.
- Interesting facts about X7
Magnum X7 is more powerful than X5 by around 15%. The piston pump is stainless steel and comes with two flexible hoses the design is really modern and versatile. The sprayer is easy to paint in a few seconds. It can be used for large-scale painting work which is really suitable for large projects, therefore, saving more time and money for consumers.
In short: X7 is more suited for larger projects like industrial applications making it more economical for big industry.
Graco X5 Vs X7 – An In-depth Comparison
We have gathered some product specs that might be significantly useful for you.
|Features||Graco X5||Graco X7|
|Dimensions||12.4 x 14.5 x 17.9 in||15.3 x 19.3 x 37 in|
|Weight||13.3 lbs||23.3 lbs|
|Max Tip Size||0.015||0.017|
|Flow Rate||0.27 GPM||0.31 GPM|
|Max Hose Length||75 ft||100 ft|
Graco X5 Vs X7 – Similarities
- Body attribute: X5 and X7 both have metal made spray guns and the main ingredient of the metals SG2 making the lifespan of the spray gun last for quite some time-saving metal and -money for both consumers and producers.
- Spray tip: Both have RAC IV 515 tip this is a new and improved version that far more surpass the old model with a powerful flow rate of 125 gallons annually.
- Warranty: Both of these products feature a one-year warranty which is valued by the costumers, giving them a chance to judge the product.
Graco X5 Vs X7 – Features To Compare
In most cases, customers voted that both these paint sprays are basically similar and worthy of the money they cost, the feedback from customers show that they are really satisfied with the product. However, there are still some differences, which will result in excellent outcomes.
- The Graco X5: stands at the height of nearly 18 inches and weighs just about 13lbs the design prior mobility and easy to handle.
- The Graco X7: a bigger version of X5 so Graco X7 has a height up to 38 inches and is 10lbs heavier the design now cares more about the power and the efficiency of the tool.
Performance & Power
We will weigh up all the performance and power differences in the max tip size and max flow rate, which are also the principal distinctions when analyzing Graco Magnum X5 vs X7.
- Regarding the max tip size: The X7 has a tip size of 0.017, 0.002 larger than the X5 making it more effective than ever.
- Regarding the max flow rate: As a result of the tip size’s difference, the flow rate also varies with 0.27 gallons per minute in X5 and 0.31 gallons per minute in X7 just a small difference can lead to an excellent outcome.
Theoretically, this seems like just a minor difference, yet this does make a big impact on your project’s speed and outcome.
Another important component to consider when buying a paint sprayer is the hose. While Graco Magnum X5 has 100 feet hose, that of X7 is 75 feet hose, suitable for both small and big projects.
Pros And Cons
- Piston pump allows for un-thinned paint at high pressure
- 75 Feet of Length
- It’s possible to spray straight from the paint bucket
- Can spray up to 125 gallons per year
- RAC IV helps you undo the tip to remove clogging
- Prone to clogging
- Not quite as suited for high volume work as X7
- It leaves some lines on the painting surface
Pros and cons of Graco X7
- Better Suited for High Volume Work Than X5
- Easy to clean
- Clog-resistant tip
- Ease of mobility
- Adjustable pressure setting that gives more control over the flow
- Might be pricey
- Requires frequent cleaning to prevent clogs
- Overspray might be a problem for beginners
Which One Is Better?
As mentioned above, the Graco Magnum X5 will save you a little more cash compared to the X7.
Portability: The Winner is Magnum X7
You might need to transport the unit here and there to complete the painting task, thus, the portability is well worth mentioning.
Accordingly, Graco Magnum X7 has a cart system to move the entire painting system easily from one place to another, which will come in handy if you have to travel a lot.
Meanwhile, Graco Magnum X5 has a stand at the lower part to withstand the whole machine. Thankfully, it is not very bulky and heavy.
In Short: If you are looking for stand type then grab X5, but if you are looking for a more massive space painting machine, then you can go and grab X7.
Last but not least, the most important feature we must contemplate when purchasing a paint spray is its performance, once again, the difference in the max tip size and max flow rate will result in your project’s speed and outcome.
- The Graco X7: Equipped with larger spray tips, the Graco X7 will be ideal for covering large and extensive surfaces like a room’s wall or doors making every industry dream to have.
- The Graco X5: While the Graco X7 standard nozzle hardly grasps customer appreciation, the Graco X5’s smaller spray tips are often preferable for small projects, for example, varnishing furniture or something that needs more precision like a fence making it suitable for small groups and the handling is much easier.
Quick Start With Graco Magnum Airless Paint Sprayer
This step-by-step guide would be extremely necessary for newbies who have just started to use these tools.
First, follow important safety precautions
Bear in mind specific manual and safety procedures and any potential hazards, don’t worry just follow the manual and you will be just fine and wear protective equipment and it will protect yourself against all odds.
Stay alert and always focus on your duty
Secondly, set up the gun properly and prepare the surface carefully
To start with, please attach the spray gun and hose properly with all separating parts, including the sprayer, tip, and guard.
Moreover, cleaning and drying painting surfaces are the most important part of any painting project in which you should use a pressure washer and a cleaning solution to have a precise preparation to paint or repair any from minor to major damages or any rough areas.
In addition, always cover all baseboards and protect any furniture, shutters, or windows with newspaper or carton to avoid over-spraying.
Preparation is the key to success!
Finally, practice and apply the proper spraying techniques
Have your spray gun about 12 inches away from the surface and tighten the spray, while you must hold the gun stably and use long, continuous motion to cover the surfaces.
How To Clean An Airless Paint Sprayer?
If you want the sprayer to last for long and work trouble-free, always clean it properly and after every project. Despite the bulky and complicated structure, these tools turn out to be easily cleaned, following 5 steps.
- Step 1: Preparation
Firstly, not all airless sprayers are built the same, so make sure that you understand the type of sprayers and the paint itself before searching for ways to clean them properly.
- Step 2: Take care of the paint
Next is to pushing out every remaining material by placing two ends of the suction at the cleaning bucket.
- Step 3: Clean the Various Filters
You should put all the 3 filters, including suction filter, manifold filter, pencil gun filter in the empty bucket and soak with water or solvent this will help it to function correctly, along with using gloves to scrub any paint left in the filter to make it spread evenly and nicely.
- Step 4: Clean the Nozzles
Then, use a toothbrush to clean both sides of the spray nozzle after soaking the tip into water or thinners that will make it softer and easier to brush.
- Step 5: Wipe Dry
Once all the spraying parts are completely clean, you can use dry clothes to wipe off water or solvent first, and then hang them under sunlight.
FAQs About Graco X5 Vs X7
Are these light or heavy machines?
Graco X̀5 and X7 are 13 lbs and 23 lbs, respectively, which is much lighter than many models on the market and the Graco X7 even comes with a portable wheeled cart, making it fast and effortless to transport.
Are Graco X5 and X7 beginner-friendly?
Graco X5 and X7 are friendly to all types of users. If you are a novice, you might even enjoy the Graco X5 and X7 more than the experts, as our clear and simple instruction above has solved all the puzzles.
The Graco paint spray is absolutely beginner-friendly since the construction is extremely easy to follow.
Is there a warranty on this sprayer?
Yes! There is a one-year warranty for every Graco product.
As long as you follow the recommendations and instructions of the manufacturer, then you will be backed up by their warranty when it comes to service and minor repairs.
We strongly recommend Graco X5 for those who want to save a few bucks and tend to paint small-scale jobs, whereas Graco X7 would fit your demands if you are looking for a large-scale and portable painting tool.
All in all, we hope that our Graco X5 Vs X7 review is enlightening and helpful for you to select your favorable sprayer.
I am Peter Levick, with over 10 years of experience in the home improvement industry, I have become a seasoned expert in painting and paint sprayers. Through numerous DIY projects, I have developed a keen eye for aesthetics and a deep understanding of the technical aspects involved. My expertise extends to various paint sprayer systems, and I stay updated with the latest advancements. I bring a meticulous approach to every project, ensuring stunning and durable results. Clients can trust in my craftsmanship and commitment to delivering exceptional work.