You’re looking for the best handheld paint sprayers for your home? There’s too much information on the Internet that makes you get butterflies in your stomach? We’ve got your back!
If you still don’t know how to choose, let us be your guide! All the best portable paint sprayer is in this article with full of information as well as pros and cons.
What are you waiting for? Let’s start now!
Top 5 Best Handheld Paint Sprayers For Home
- 1. HomeRight C800766, C900076 Power Painter
- 2. Wagner Spraytech 0518080 Control Spray Max HVLP Paint or Stain Sprayer
- 3. REXBETI Ultimate-750 Paint Sprayer, 500 Watt High Power HVLP Home Electric Spray Gun
- 4. Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer
- 5. Wagner Spraytech 0529010 FLEXiO 590 Handheld HVLP Paint Sprayer
Top 8 Best Handheld Paint Sprayers For Home Use 2020
1. Wagner Spraytech 0518080 – Best For Beginner
This product from Wagner is highly recommended for beginners who don’t have any experience of using paint sprayer before.
Because it was designed to be compact, easy to handle, simple to use, with power and high capacity.
Wagner Spraytech paint sprayer uses high-volume, low-pressure technology to atomize the paint into fine particles and gives a smooth surface. It can be used on many materials such as walls, wood, and other thinner materials.
In this fashion, it works perfectly fine with several kinds of paints, and especially can be a pretty decent chalk sprayer.
It’s suitable for painting, staining furniture, cabin, wood and more. A horizontal air cap provides a high and oval pattern, a vertical air cap produces a broad and oval pattern and a diagonal air cap gives an asymmetric circular pattern.
Besides, you can alter paint flow by using the pressure control dial and material flow adjuster to meet your needs based on paint and surface conditions.
However, this sprayer usually makes noise loudly when using and which may disturb your family members. One more disadvantage is its short cord, so that you can’t use it when you’re far from the power outlet.
- Items: Wagner Spraytech 0518080
- Weight: 9.8 pounds
- Dimension: 18.5x12x12 inches
- Voltage: 110 volts
- Flow Rate: 20 f.t hose
- Pressure: from 1.50 psi to 2.63 psi.
- Volume: 1 ½ qt. cup and professional-grade metal 1 qt. cup
- Easy to used
- Can be clean easily
- Many spray patterns
- Adaptable with thick or thin paints
- Easy to maintain and use for a long time
- Little overspray
- Short power cord, which needs to add an extension
- Noisy when using
- If using for large areas, it needs refilling many times and quite slow to finish
2. Wagner Spraytech 0518050 – Best For Large Areas
The second item is also from Wagner – Wagner Spraytech 0518050. One feature that most Wagner paint sprayers have is a variety of spray types: horizontal, circular, and vertical.
Compared to the Wagner Spraytech 0518080, this paint sprayer is easier to use and portable because it has a smaller size and compact design.
This tool has a perfect flow: you can adjust the material volume by turning the regulator on the trigger of the spray gun. Because of a strong and continuous spray gun, it takes a little time to get used to controlling it.
Similar to Wagner Spraytech 0518080, this tool can be used on many materials and different kinds of paint.
However, its advantage also is disadvantageous. Because you can adjust the volume so that you need to have little skill to control it correctly. And diluting the paint is necessary to avoid being clogged.
- Items: Wagner Spraytech 0518050 Control Spray Double Duty HVLP Paint or Stain Sprayer
- Weight:4.15 pounds
- Dimension: 10x10x10 inches
- Voltage: 120 volts
- Flow rate: 4.9 ft/min
- Wattage: 300 Watt
- Pressure: from 1.50 psi to 2.63 psi.
- Volume: a 1 ½ qt. cup and professional-grade metal 1 qt. cup
- Compact design and easy to handle
- Can decide the width of spray
- Many spray patterns
- Easy to assemble
- Indoor and outdoor use
- Be clogged easily if you don’t dilute the paint or clean it properly.
- Need to control the outcome
3. HomeRight C800766 – Best For Painting Lovers
Whether you’re looking for a quality paint sprayer or simply want to paint easily, the Finish Max is the best choice for you! It’s a perfect tool for the DIY devotee as well as professional carpenters, painters, and any other people who love painting.
The inside parts of the nozzle are made of brass instead of plastic as other products, which makes it more durable and solid. Instead of using a brush or spray can, Finish Max Paint Sprayer is an ideal choice that brings a smooth surface without any traces of tools.
You can easily adjust the spray direction of the paint: horizontal, vertical, and circular. Furthermore, the volume and power of the spray gun can be customized by using control knobs.
Despite the above strengths, if you want to use HomeRight for large areas, it will take you a lot of time to finish.
Moreover, Latex paint is not born for this sprayer. You insist on using? You may have to regret it because of clogging!
- Items: HomeRight C800766 Finish Max HVLP Paint Sprayer
- Weight: 2.76 pounds
- Dimension: 5 x 9 x 12.5 inches
- Width: 1” to 6”
- Voltage: 120Volt
- Wattage: 400 Watt
- Motor RPM: 34,000
- Affordable price
- Extreme Light-weight
- Compact, easy to handle
- Cleanable with water
- Many patterns
- Changeable spray width
- Quite noisy when using
- Takes much time if used for large areas or long project
- Can’t apply Latex paint
4. REXBETI Ultimate-750 – Best Of Nozzle Sizes Variety
You’re looking for a home use paint sprayer which is powerful and highly-capable ? With a capacity of 500 Watt, REXBETI Ultimate 750 is a powerful and extremely worthwhile one!
Compact and powerful, this tool is perfect for using in large areas or long term projects. You will be able to finish your work easily without spending too much effort.
As other paint sprayers, you can easily control the flow and change it when using a suitable outcome based on areas or materials that need painting.
You’re wondering what is the special feature of this tool? We bet that you will be satisfied with it!
This paint sprayer is equipped with 3 nozzle sizes: 2.00mm, 2.5mm, 3.00mm, which is useful for any painting projects.
If you’re someone who hates drip, this sprayer isn’t a good choice for you because it can drip a little when using which may make the user uncomfortable.
- Items: REXBETI Ultimate-750 Paint Sprayer
- Weight: 3.61 pounds
- Dimension: 11.8 x 5.5 x 11.4 inches
- Voltage: 120 Volt
- Wattage: 500 Watt
- Flow Rate: 750ml/min
- Proper price
- Easy to handle with light-weight
- 3 type of Nozzle – can be used for other purposes
- Extra 6.6ft cord – usable for areas which far from electricity supply
- 1000ml container – don’t have to refill many times
- Needs cleaning after every using time for not being clogged
- Drip a little bit when using
- Not suitable for Latex Paint
5. Wagner Spraytech 0529010 FLEXiO- Best of Flexible Ability
Next up, another product from Wagner – Wagner Spraytech 0529010 FLEXiO. This tool attracts users by its high performance and flexibility.
The iSpray nozzle of this tool is an easy way to adjust paint spray flow to adapt the unique needs of a given job. However, iSpray also is a disadvantage of Flexio 590 because it’s easy to get clogged.
It’s able to be used well for both large areas and indoor furniture. Furthermore, Flexio 590 is 10 times faster than a brush when painting the same area.
In general, users question the quality of this product because of its innovation – iSpray nozzle.
- Items: Wagner Spraytech 0529010 FLEXiO 590
- Weight: 10.15 pounds
- Dimension: 15.9 x 6.7 x 13.9 inches
- iSpray Nozzle with high flow
- Easy to clean
- Nozzle easy to be clogged
- Quality question
6. Graco Magnum 262800 – Best of Material Quality
Are you waiting for the next one?
It’s a perfect product for precision work – Graco Magnum X5 Stand. This is a great choice for those who are looking for a high-precision product, whether they are beginners or professors.
Graco is always known for its high quality products, and Graco Magnum X5 Stand one of them. You don’t know why?
Their pressure is adjustable, which gives you control ability of paint flow for any type of work. Therefore, it’s favored by its high accuracy and ease of control.
Graco introduces the Stainless Steel Piston Pump of this tool allows you to spray paint which isn’t thinned at high pressure. However, many of user’s feedback said that this sprayer is easy to clog.
One more drawback is weight. When this sprayer is full of paint, it will be quite heavy and bulky to bring from place to place.
- Items: Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer
- Weight: 15 pounds
- Dimension: 14.5 x 12.8 x 19 inches
- Voltage: 110 Volt
- Motor: ½ hose power Universal
- Pressure: Max 3000psi
- Adjustable Pressure
- High – efficiency
- Up to 75 ft of reach
- Sturdy and durable
- Easy to be clogged
- Quite heavy to handle when full of paint
7. Graco 16Y385 – Best with Reversible Tip
Most sprayer of this list is from Wagner and Graco. Now, we will introduce one more product from Graco. It’s Graco TrueCoat 360.
This product is famous for its high quality materials stainless steel piston pump which makes it durable and solid.
We bet that the special feature of Graco TrueCoat 360 will surprise you ! Reversible spray tip allows you to reverse the tip when it’s going to be clogged to not interrupt your spraying.
This product is produced with high-technology which makes higher performance and provides customers with FlexLiner Bag instead of traditional material cups, which can be reused or recycled after using.
Nevertheless, this tool also has its shortcoming. You can’t use paints directly from paint buckets or cans because of this sprayer’s bag container. Furthermore, its short power cord can bring you some inconveniences when using.
- Items: Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer
- Weight: 3.5 pounds
- Dimension: 5.2 x 12.5 x 9.8 inches
- Pressure: Max 1500 psi
- Useful for large areas
- 32 oz flex bag paint container
- Reversible Paint Tips
- Corded tool not battery one
- Can’t take paint directly from the paint can or bucket
8. Graco Ultra Cordless Airless Handheld Paint Sprayer 17M363 – Best with Portable Ability
And the last one is the compact , powerful and skillful Graco Ultra Cordless Airless Handheld Paint Sprayer.
Graco Ultra Cordless is judged as an extremely portable sprayer because it is run by battery instead of cord, which makes it easier to use. You can use it right after a few minutes of assembling.
It impresses users with its superior battery capacity, designed to use with DeWalt 20V lithium Ion batteries. After one charging time, you can use one gallon of paint.
Furthermore, this sprayer has TRIAX Triple Piston Pump. The triple piston pump is made from industrial strength carbide, making it suitable for daily and long-term use.
This sprayer will make you spend lots of time if you use it for large areas due to its small container. And if you’re not a professor, you may have trouble with overspray.
- Items: Graco Ultra Cordless Airless Handheld Paint Sprayer 17M363
- Weight: 11.3 pounds
- Dimension: 17.5 x 12.8 x 6.8 inches
- Pressure: Max 2000 psi
- Simple to use
- Portable without cords
- Power pump is able for thick paint
- Suitable for project which needs meticulousness
- Reasonable price
- Small container (32 oz for each time only)
- Can be overspray
Best Handheld Paint Sprayers – Buying Guide
The great uses of paint sprayer make you want to buy it immediately! But do you know how to choose them?
Haste makes waste, so don’t be hurried ! Read carefully our buying guide before making a decision!
First one, ask yourself some questions like “What will this sprayer be used for” “Why do I need it?”, etc. Why do we ask you to do that? Because this is the best way to help you determine the using purpose.
When you buy a sprayer, it means you will use it for a long time, so that you need to choose the most suitable which can meet all your needs.
After determining the using purpose, you can easily determine the frequency of using your sprayer. In addition, determine the surface and materials that you will often paint.
Because each sprayer will have different features, the advantages when used on different surfaces are not the same. Determining will help us reach a wise decision in the end.
Which Type Is Suitable?
There are many types of paint sprayers, if you don’t understand clearly about them, you can be dissatisfied with regret after purchasing.
To orient yourself you should first always check the technical information from the manufacturer. All products have information about the correct material, tips, guns, maximum volume of pulverization or the maximum pressure of the compressor, etc.
How much could you pay for a paint sprayer? This is one of the important questions.
It depends on your needs, using purposes and financial situation. The price of the air sprayer is varied, ranging from $ 30 to more than $ 200. The reason for such a price difference is because of brand, quality as well as performance.
You can consider our top 8 products and compare them to choose the product that best suits you. But remember, don’t be tempted to buy the cheapest sprayer on the market, or else you will deeply regret your decision later on.
Handheld Paint Sprayers – FAQs
How can I clean handheld paint sprayers in the right way?
You always have problems with cleaning paint sprayer? You can’t clean properly and encounter clogging issues frequently ? Your problems will be solved! We will show you how!
Based on which types of paint you use, you can clean this tool by water or other paint removers. Make sure you know what type of detergent is suitable for your paint sprayer to avoid strong detergents that can damage the tool.
- Step 1: Prepare two buckets: one is filled with water or paint remover and another is for containing the dirty liquid which clogged inside the sprayer.
- Step 2: Put the suction head into the water or detergent bucket then put the nozzle of the gun into another one. Besides, remember to adjust the tool in the strongest pressure mode, nozzle flow at the highest level.
Continue to do until the spray flow is clear without paint color or paint dust.
- Step 3: After removing the paint inside the tool, you need to disassemble each part to clean separately. This is an essential step so you need to be careful when disassembling parts to avoid damaging them.
Disassemble the paint filters inside the tool body carefully. When removing, note the location so that it can be easy to assemble later. Then put it into water or paint remover with the gun and nozzle to remove paint adhesion.
- Step 4: Next, use a cleaning rag or specialized cleaning tool to remove stubborn adhering stains on the filter, nozzle, gun, or inside the tool after being soaked in water or paint remover
- Step 5: Rinse everything with clean water and let them dry naturally. For some plastic products, pay attention to avoid sunlight or heat.
What should I do to preserve handheld paint sprayers?
What should you do if you don’t use paint sprayers frequently? Certainly, storing them!
But wait! What is the best way?
In order to preserve the paint sprayer, make sure that you provide them with enough oil and lubricant promptly. Lack of lubricants will easily lead to parts failure and corrosion.
Wrap it carefully or store it in an airtight box to avoid outside damage such as heat or humidity.
Specially in the winter, make sure that you remove all water or liquid from the sprayer before putting it away. Otherwise, it’s able to be frozen and the tool may not work.
Should I dilute paint before Spraying and how much is enough?
This problem depends on the type of paint you use and the surface you’re going to paint as well as the type of sprayer.
For thin paints, dilution is not necessary. However, with thick paints like Latex, it will be clogged with some tools if you don’t dilute it.
With thick materials such as wood and iron, you don’t need to dilute the paint. On the other hand, you should learn how to dilute in the right proportion for thinner materials.
Tips for using the paint sprayer to paint ceiling
Ceiling paint is one of the most common uses of sprayer. Are there any tips for it?
You’re in the right place! We will show you some tips that make ceiling paint be easy as a piece of cake! Let’s start now!
- Tip 1: Cover everything you don’t want to paint in your room, EVERYTHING! We make sure that no one wants all their furniture to be full of paint stains and take all day to clean.
If you paint ceiling only, you have to cover walls and windows by using painter’s tape with a large cloth. Last but not least, cover floors with plastic paper or canvas paint tarps.
- Tip 2: Use protective gear when painting ceilings such as masks, eyeglasses, and gloves. When you paint, paint dust can easily get into your eyes, nose, and mouth because you will have to lift your head.
- Tip 3: Try to spray on other surfaces before spraying it directly on the ceiling, so you can get used to controlling sprayer as well as adjust the flow control.
- Tip 4: Hold the sprayer about 12 inches from the ceiling and spray in a certain direction from left to right, from top to bottom or vice versa to ensure the evenness of the paint.
- Tip 5: Applying each thin layer of paint will be better than 1 or 2 thick paint layers, thin paint layers will bring better finish.
When should I use handheld paint sprayers?
Is paint sprayer suitable for all cases? If not, when you should use it?
If you haven’t had the answer yet, let us be your guide!
- Large areas or long term projects: When you need to paint a large area or do a long term project, paint sprayer is the ideal choice for you.
- Rough textures and rough surface: Sprayer will give a better and smoother finish. Hence, it’s very suitable when used for rough surfaces with many imperfections or paints which is difficult to dilute
- When you don’t have lots of time: Sprayer is more efficient and help you to save lots of time than brushes or roller,
- When used to paint devices such as cabins, cars, etc.: As I mentioned above, sprayer will bring a smoother surface and cover the mistakes. With some devices or vehicles, sprayer is always the better choice.
“Which are the best handheld paint sprayers for home use?”, have you got the answer for yourself? Hopefully, our article could give you useful information to help you get more knowledge as well as make it easier for you to make decisions. Anyhow, we hope you can reach a wise decision and choose the best product for you!
I am Peter Levick, with over 10 years of experience in the home improvement industry, I have become a seasoned expert in painting and paint sprayers. Through numerous DIY projects, I have developed a keen eye for aesthetics and a deep understanding of the technical aspects involved. My expertise extends to various paint sprayer systems, and I stay updated with the latest advancements. I bring a meticulous approach to every project, ensuring stunning and durable results. Clients can trust in my craftsmanship and commitment to delivering exceptional work.