You have probably seen adverts on Wet and Forget – a unique combination for killing moss, mold, mildew, and algae from virtually any surface, and some complicated explanations on how to use Wet and Forget. Is a simple instruction something you need? Here you have it!
How Does Wet and Forget Work?
Wet and Forget is a unique formula that treats moss, mold, mildew, and algae using biodegradable selective surfactants. Whether you are using Wet and Forget indoors or outdoors, it requires no scrubbing, which makes this product popular among consumers.
How To Use Wet and Forget
1 Mixing Instructions
The mixing ratio of Wet and Forget and water should be 1:5. With a one-gallon sized pump sprayer, use 20 oz of Wet and Forget. Next, fill water into the sprayer to the one-gallon marker, and you are done.
You can multiply the mix if you have a larger sprayer. For instance, you will need 40 oz of Wet and Forget for a two-gallon sprayer, then pour water into it until the liquid level reaches a two-gallon mark. With the proper mixing ratio and application, Wet and Forget can kill 99.9% of bacteria and viruses.
2 Where to Apply It
Trash cans have a perfect condition for the growth of mold and mildew since plastic bags prevent air from circulating and trap moisture. At the same time, leftovers and bacteria can cause unpleasant odor. With Wet and Forget Indoor, you can inhibit bacterial growth and eliminate mold and mildew from the surface.
- Laundry room
Wet and Forget Indoor is also safe with your front-load washer whose doors are often sealed with a gasket, which often traps moisture.
That way, mildew, and mold will develop inside your washing machine quickly. You can clean the rubber gasket with this product by applying it to your washing machine’s folds.
High moisture levels are often found in washing areas, and if not treated, it can gradually become a significant problem. Long-term exposure to moisture makes your laundry room susceptible to mold and mildew. They can grow on walls, exposed pipes, ceiling corners, etc. Do not fret! Wet and Forget can thoroughly disinfect mold and mildew on any of your laundry room surfaces.
Wet and Forget Shower can also be sprayed on sinks, bathroom fixtures, and counters to remove grime or cosmetics grunge accumulated on your countertops. After spraying it on your counter or sink, use a cloth to wipe it down, and they will shine again.
Wet and Forget Outdoor are even more useful for outside surfaces. Its formula is suitable for all types of stones, and it does not need any scrubbing.
Typically, eliminating green stains may require 2 to 3 weeks, while black stains may take about 4 to 6 weeks. After the cleaning process, regrowth only reappears after more than a year.
- Outdoor furniture
Wet and Forget can be used for many types of outdoor furniture, rugs, and umbrellas. If the surfaces are in a covered area and not exposed to rain, you will need to assist the process by rinsing them off with water once a week until it is clean.
- Wooden surfaces
Wet and Forget can also treat lichen, an expected growth on wooden areas. To clean it up, use these two simple steps. First, apply Wet and Forget Outdoor Cleaner on your mailbox. Saturate the lichen again after 15 minutes. Then, apply it once again to let Wet and Forget penetrate multiple layers of lichen.
3 How to Apply It
Wet and Forget Concentrate
Apply Wet and Forget Outdoor using a pump sprayer for easy-to-reach exterior surfaces with these four steps:
- First, remove any debris from your outdoor surface.
- Mix Wet and Forget with water (in a ratio of 1:5) in a pump garden sprayer.
- Next, spray the mixture down your outdoor surface. It is best to use when no rain is forecast, and the temperature is above melting point of water.
- It’s done! Just leave it. Let the outdoor cleaner do the rest.
Wet and Forget Hose End
This product is used outdoors to apply to higher elevations and large areas. Below is a short how-to instruction for Wet and Forget Hose End.
- First, clear the affected surfaces of leaves and garden debris.
- Connect your hose to the sprayer and a suitable hose tip. (use Jet Tip for high surfaces and Fan Tip for large flat areas). Then, turn on the water spigot.
- Rinse down the nearby surface, then saturate the area.
- Next, give your cleaning area another quick rinse.
4 Effects of Weather
Application tips for these products vary slightly depending on your area’s weather patterns and the best time to apply.
- Rain and Snow: Wet and Forget are effective with outdoor areas in both rainy and snowy seasons to treat moss, mold and algae.
- Cool days: In cool weather, it is ideal to apply Wet and Forget Concentrate when the temperature is above freezing, and use Wet and Forget Hose End when it is above 12°C.
- Summer months: In summer, make sure to finish applicating early in the morning before the sun can heat the surface. Wet and Forget Outdoor will keep your outdoor areas clean for up to two years.
- Humid and Coastal Climate: Coastal areas give a good condition for the growth of mold and their fast reoccurrence, which means you have to clean your living space more frequently. But with Wet and Forget, the effects last for a double amount of time compared to most traditional cleaners. It’s the way to go!
- Cloudy days: Generally, you are recommended to apply Wet and Forget Outdoor on a cloudy day, especially when the temperature is below 27°C to limit evaporation.
- Dry seasons: You should apply Wet and Forget if moist conditions, for example, rains and heavy mists, are not forecast. For the roof, you should start your application early in the morning so that you can prevent the sun from drying it up.
- Windy days: Do not do the cleaning with this product on windy days since it may be blown away, making the result less desirable.
See also: Best Home Pressure Washer For Cleaning
How To Store It
You will need to know how to store spare products for the next use. Thankfully, Wet and Forget has an unlimited shelf life.
You can keep the remaining Concentrate liquid in your sprayer. With Wet and Forget Hose End, you only need to twist the dial to “OFF”. It is best to store both of them from direct sunlight and at room temperature.
If you are seeking an easy-to-use and effective product, Wet and Forget is a top choice. Follow these instructions above on how to use Wet and Forget, you would be able to lift ugly, stuck-on growths from outdoor surfaces, leaving your home clean for up to one year or longer.