You are about to hold a party, or you want to rent a house to somebody, even you want to paint your home, you need to clean the outside and inside of your house.
But you do not know how to clean. It is difficult for you to clean up the outside of your house, especially cleaning up high-position objects like the roof, siding house, high wall, etc.
There are various fast ways to clean up exterior house items. So, how to clean? I will introduce to you in the article below.
Use Soap And Water To Clean
Using soap and water to clean house is one of the easiest-to-follow and basic methods. It is likely to be the most comfortable, cheapest choice.
You can apply to clean when your house has small stains or is not extremely soiled.
To clean your house by using soap and water, you ought to prepare the following materials:
- Plastic sheet
- Duct tape
- A scrub brush
- Water and regular dishwashing soap
To conduct this process, you follow these steps:
- Cover surrounding area
Close your windows and doors. If necessary, you should cover them with the tape. You should use the tape and the plastic sheeting to cover the outside of light fixtures, vents, trees, shrubbery, etc.
- Cleaning the outside of your house
Find out some small standard stains. Clean them from top to bottom. Use a scrub brush and a mix of water and regular dishwashing soap to scrub small stains since it starts to be removed.
Note: You should clean the outside house on a sunny day.
Use A Garden Hose To Clean
Have you ever used a garden hose? Garden hose includes a nozzle tool and a compartment containing the cleanser.
You should wash house with a cleaning kit like a garden hose.
Even you can attach an automobile brush to your garden hose. This automobile tool can help you clean fast and efficient.
It is bought from the local house tool stores. You can apply this method to some hard-to-clean grimy and mildewed areas.
For house cleaning services, prepare some necessary and useful tools:
- Water and Cleansers
- Garden hose
Follow step-by-step guide:
Step 1: Make the compartment full with cleanser because this substance can clean your home’s exterior thoroughly.
Spray one area at a time and from the bottom to the top. Note that you should do at a downward angle.
Step 2: After you use the cleanser, you have to rinse in the opposite direction. It means you spray from top to bottom.
Then, the houses’ exterior is automatically dry without doing anything.
Clean With A Pressure Washer
Have you ever utilized a pressure washer? Do you know this tool?
A pressure washer is a useful tool to clean the outside of your house including your house siding or the mold and mildew on the walls, ladder or your roof.
And it does not stop here; there are some warnings that you have to notice.
First, if roses or ivy is grown in your garden, you should limit to use a pressure washer.
Next, in case you plant trees or bushes near the house, the best way to protect them is to use plastic sheeting for covering them before spraying by pressure washing directly.
Let’s jump right in; when these plants are present in the exterior of your house, you should use plastic sheeting to cover these plants before doing the process and protect them from affecting directly.
In case the materials of your house include brick, stucco, wood, etc. you are not allowed to use the pressure washer to clean. These materials are appropriate to the ordinary garden hose.
To clean the house adequately, you should prepare some tools:
- A nozzle spray
- Soap or cleanser if you want
After preparation, follow these steps to wash the exterior of your house:
I highly recommend you start to spray in a 40-degree angle. In case, the 40-degree angle is not sufficient, you can let pressure washer work in the 25-degree position.
In case, there is any damage to the material after testing; you have to use a garden hose or call a “doctor” to fix this damage.
If you stop in a specific area and do not move around, this area will be damaged. So, always do!
Let’s jump right in, continue to move until your house’s exterior is clean.
When you use soap or cleanser, remember to spray from the top the bottom. You need to rinse with water after completing pressure washing with soap or deodorant.
Here are some tips you should consider:
- You feel uncomfortable when using the pressure washer; you should call a professional
- Protect yourself by wearing protective clothing like a pair of sunglasses or gloves, etc. from dirt and debris.
Apply to Clean the Mold (How to do and Some Tips)
Mold is one of the “uninvited guests” in every family, especially in wet areas. Fortunately, you only need to use a pressure washer to remove damp moisture and prevent mold from coming back.
The moldy areas on the wall or other surfaces such as floors and carpets are not hygienic and harmful to health. This is the reason why it should be treated from the roots to avoid mold growing back.
Follow step-by-step guide:
- Step 1: Using a pressure washer to spray walls with mildew, thanks to the intense pressure of the water, these spots are accessible to be blown away.
- Step 2: To completely remove these traces, use a mixture of bleach or cleanser with water at an average of 1 unit of bleach and three units of water – or you can use an effective detergent for bleaching, spraying on moldy wall surfaces.
- Step 3: Use a hard brush and rub the black mold on the wall with the bleach treatment.
- Step 4: Thoroughly wipe with water and let it dry naturally.
Here are some main notes:
- Mold can cause allergies and health damage, so if your walls are severely damp and contain mold, treat them immediately, when cleaning, wear goggles, gloves, and masks as mold contacting can be dangerous.
- If this bleach mixture is ineffective, you can use a particular type of detergent for more effective for moisture treatment on walls.
But wait, there’s more, you need to remember that it should never be mixed with other hygiene products because they may cause severe chemical reactions.
Apply to Clean House Siding
House siding is the exterior protective material of a house or a building. It has various uses including decoration, weatherproofing, etc.
It needs to be cleaned every two years at least. If you always clean regularly, your house is appealed, and you will live in a fresh-air area.
House siding is made of materials containing vinyl, aluminum, fiber cement, wood, concrete, brick, and stone.
Each kind of siding has different specific ways to treat correctly. You should follow these tips before washing your house siding by using pressure washer:
- Vinyl Siding: You should fix any damages of siding house before using this tool and limit overlapped panels in the door or window frames.
- Aluminium Siding: You should avoid spraying under overlapped panels.
- Fibre Cement Siding: Like Vinyl Siding, any damages of siding house are fixed before using this tool.
- Wood Siding: Like other sidings, you should repair any damages or cracks of siding house and ensure that before using detergent or cleanser, the surface is wet.
- Stucco Siding: Fix chips and cracks. Use the nozzle of pressure washer in a 25 or 40-degree position or 2 feet away from the surface of the material.
- Brick and Stone Siding: Fix any cracks or damages before cleaning. Because of brick material, you should spray with water in a downward direction to limit the fact that cleanser seeps into the brick.
You should spray with water in a downward direction to limit the fact that cleanser seeps into the brick.
You Should Follow the Step-by-step Process
Step 1: Like other treatments, you should fix some damages first and turn off the power to avoid affecting the electrical systems.
Close windows and doors to limit dirt, the light fixture by a plastic sheet or tape and do not forget bushes and shrubs.
Step 2: Use the appropriate nozzle to clean in a sunny or warm day.
Step 3: Before applying the soap or cleanser, you have to rinse the dirt down with water. Let the detergent sit for 5 minutes.
Then, use detergent to wash the siding house from the bottom to the top for avoiding the dirt and limiting this cleanser running to the dry areas.
For horizontal siding, you should not spray to the bottom. You should hold the pressure washer in a perpendicular direction to the siding.
Step 4: Dry the siding in a few hours, avoid direct sunlight to the siding after cleaning. It’s time to enjoy your clean house.
Here are some warnings for cleaning house siding:
- Because the high part of house siding is quite hard to clean, you have to use eye protection by wearing a pair of sunglasses to avoid eye damages.
- You should avoid ladders to wash the high part of the house siding because it is not balanced and easy to fall. It is highly risky, and I believe nobody wants to risk their lives to do the job.
- To clean an upper part, you ought to use elevated work platform vehicles, scaffolding or rope access technique, even extension wands.
- Power lines above ground or along the house siding or wall should be concerned because it is profoundly easy to shock.
- To clean a high part, you ought to use elevated work platform vehicles, scaffolding or rope access technique, even extension wands.
So, you have to turn off the power because water combine with electricity can damage your house’s electricity.
- Vents or openings are covered by a plastic sheet or a tape to limit the water leak
Using Pressure Washing Gutters
Gutters let water freely flow from the roof to the pipes and go out through the water drains. To clean the trenches, you have to prepare the particular tools attachment as the picture below.
To clean properly, you have to follow these steps:
- Step 1: To protect your eye is an essential step.
- Step 2: Attaching the tools to extent wand
- Step 3: Start washing by this specific tool. The leaves and dirt stuck will be flying out.
- Step 4: Let it dry naturally and enjoy your beautiful and clean gutters.
Close The Subject
It seems that cleaning the outside of your house is quite easy, however, cleaning up and not leaving any traces is a problematic and necessary thing.
Because of its difficulty, you have to take many measures such as using soap, garden hose, using the pressure washer to clean your house thoroughly.
Although various solutions have different guides, they are effective ways because they have a particular feature in common, which is to clean without terrible influence on the material.
I am Peter Levick, with over 10 years of experience in the home improvement industry, I have become a seasoned expert in painting and paint sprayers. Through numerous DIY projects, I have developed a keen eye for aesthetics and a deep understanding of the technical aspects involved. My expertise extends to various paint sprayer systems, and I stay updated with the latest advancements. I bring a meticulous approach to every project, ensuring stunning and durable results. Clients can trust in my craftsmanship and commitment to delivering exceptional work.