Sometimes a more significant investment in paint sprayer does not prove to be fruitful with the cost of a paint sprayer, an added expense of a gun and the other accessories leave you skinned so what should you do now. But the nightmare starts when after spending too much money your airless paint sprayer messes up, and you get entangled with the hassle of an air compressor but worry not The Krause & Becker are here to offer you assistance . The Krause & Becker paint sprayer presents a compact solution for painting hacks. It has a built-in filter in its gun, easy to use pressure controls and it is lightweight which can be carried around easily. Being so thin and all set ready to work feature it saves you ample amount of time. It is the best choice for exterior work. We would rate it as a value for money product.
In this article, you will find very useful details about paint sprayer and general tips to spray. You will also be able to read about the different parts and their usage. Because it is the most popular tool which is being used to paint. So it is important to know about it so that you can add value to your purchases.
The Strengths of the Krause & Becker Airless Paint Sprayer:
- The body of stainless steel prevents it from corrosion.
- There is a built-in trigger lock in its spray gun. Though it sometimes can accidentally spray paint, it is quite easy to clean, so easy to apply quickly to clean.
- This gun can work with various tips. 517 tips are included in the package but you can have other suggestions and the result is excellent.
- It is suitable for both; latex and oil paint.
- You need to be extra careful while dealing with) rings as they come out quite easily while cleaning.
- The spare parts of this product can be hard to find. Mainly, gaskets are challenging to uncover.
- Usually, people will be focused on the gallon per rating feature to understand what it does.
- This machine is usually used for outdoor project rather than indoor ones.
1. 5/8 HP 3000 PSI Airless Paint Sprayer Kit
5/8 HP 3000 PSI Airless Paint Sprayer Kit is a lightweight and durable spray gun. This kit offers everything in the package which is required to get big jobs done. Its high quality and fast to operate features makes the product stand out from the rest of the options. The noticeable features of 5/8 HP 3000 PSI Airless Paint Sprayer Kit are:
- 1000-3000 PSI Piston pump for high pressure and battery coverage
- Durable stainless steel components
- Pressure controllable, easy twist knob
- 25 feet hose
- Built-in filter and trigger-lock
- Power cord of 1 foot 8 inches
This airless paint sprayer has got the power to get your most significant project accomplished over the weekend. You can do decks, exterior walls, ceilings, doors, etc. in no time. Its lightweight, durable gun has this built-in filter and trigger lock which can easily be opened and easily be cleaned. The pressure control knob helps to control paint spray so that there is no over spraying. As the steel used is stainless steel, so you do not have to worry about corrosion.
Buy It On Amazon.com
2. Krause & Becker 5 GPH Electric Paint Spray Gun
No doubt paint sprayers have made life easy for the people who want to do paint by themselves and enjoy doing it. Krause & Becker 5 GPH Electric Paint Spray Gun is the perfect DIY tool for those who want to take hold of the driving seat and do the task by themselves around their home. The noticeable features of this product are;
- Excellent coverage on high flow rate on 5 GPH
- It has a durable 24 oz polypropylene paint cup
- It also includes viscosity cup with hanger
Krause & Becker 5 GPH Electric Paint Spray Gun is the best option when the application is water-based sealers, latex paints, and stains, etc. It paints quite easily and quickly too. The high flow rate gives an unmatchable coverage of paint, and the performance is remarkable at a 5GPH flow rate. There is a durable 24 oz cup which makes it easy to reach difficult areas. It does an excellent job for you in no time.
Buy It On Amazon.com
3. Krause & Becker 60600 5/8 HP 3000 PSI Airless Paint Sprayer Kit
Krause and Becker 60600 airless paint sprayer is quite affordable and among the most powerful kits on the market today. With its focus on power and simple design, the unit is perfect for all DIY projects and as a standby sprayer for professional users.
The main features of this product are:
- Knob pressure control
- 3000 psi piston pump
- Stainless steel paint pick-up
- Lightweight nature
The kit contains a 5/8 HP motor which provides an output of 3000 psi. It also features a metal gun that is easy to handle and features a built-in filter that helps to decrease build-up, enabling smooth paint flow.
The other great feature of this unit is the easy to use control that adjusts pressure. You will also be excited to learn that the kit comes with a paint pickup stainless steel container which doesn’t collide easily. The bucket comes in handy in keeping your paint smooth, with a significant difference in its texture.
Buy It On Amazon.com
Krause & Becker Airless Paint Sprayer Nozzles
Picking the right nozzle and size is important for ease of use and quality finish. This might seem complicated or confusing for the first time but when you understand it, choosing the ideal nozzle isn’t hard and can save you money and time.
Be sure your Krause and Becker Airless Paint Sprayer Nozzle isn’t too large for your gun’s pump. Check your user manual for the optimum nozzle size. Your paint will be atomized if you use a small and compact nozzle.
Generally, thin or light finishing is sprayed with tinier nozzles and a thick material requires a bigger nozzle. The size of a spray nozzle has two parts; the orifice size and the fan size. The fan size is given by the fourth character while the last two characters denote the orifice size.
One important measurement that is used to determine the ability of a sprayer gun is the gallons per minute or GPM. How many GPM a sprayer can provide determines what the largest nozzle size it can use. Also the nozzle wears out, this means that the orifice will get bigger after a few uses, meaning that you should get a nozzle that is just below what your pump requires.
There are variables that determine the amount of time it will take before the nozzle wears. These include the pressure used, the quality of material sprayed and the grittiness of the material. Also, how regularly, with what, and how well the nozzle is cleaned are other factors that will determine its wear rate.
Recommended Krause and Becker Spray Tips
Paint sprayer is a revolutionary tool for those who are working in this industry as a professional or even not aware of doing paint at all. Because it really makes this task very convenient. Below are some general tips from Krause and Becker for doing paint, if you are planning to do it on your own or professionally, which will help you accomplish your task in an efficient manner while knowing things about tools and for your safety.
- Make sure that there are no air bubbles in the tube because it can look ugly on walls or the surface you are painting. Normally, there are two types of options available depending on the tool you have. Make sure to use the proper valve according to need. Because at first you have to release the paint in the tube from the tank so that if there is any air in it. That can be released, then go for the valve on the pin top to start spray for better flow.
- Before starting the paint, beware of the size of tip which normally consists of 3 digit numbers. Each number has its own relativity like width normally at first and then size of the tip according to the application. If you are planning to do it on a large surface and if not then choose the tip accordingly. For larger surfaces 515 tips are used and for other 310 tips can be used.
- Always test your sprayer before starting it on the actual surface. So that you should have an idea about the tails and remember it while doing it to balance the paint on the wall or other surface. Following spray pattern is equally important for beautifully painted walls. It is important for every level of person either a professional who is doing it regularly or the one who does it occasionally. Keep doing it until it gets even on all around the surface.
- There are always triggers at the tip of the hose with locking and unlocking features. Whenever you are done with spraying or having a break, always keep it locked to avoid waste and for safety purposes.You should lock the trigger for your own safety and for your work to be a much safer task.
- Always take care that the surroundings should be clean and there is no flammable material around. Because you can also use oil paints through that sprayer. Due to the electrical connection and as you know oil is flammable, so it can cause any unforeseen accident. So always follow grounding precautions and procedures mentioned by the manufacturer to secure you and your tool.
- Never paint continuously for longer times because it can affect your arms and also eyes. Always use proper glasses for your eyes. Your arms could go tired holding the sprayer for a longer time span. It is recommended to give a break after every almost 30 minutes, relax and then you can start again.
To gain better output, always go for the horizontal application while doing spray. Take as much time as you like to take, slow and steady and not to worry about the volume of paint consumption. Paint finishing will surprise you afterward.
There are two kinds of Krause and Becker paint sprayers:
- Electric paint sprayer
- Airless paint sprayers
Let’s talk about the first Krause and Becker airless paint sprayer in detail.
Krause and Becker Airless Paint Sprayer Manual
If you are looking to paint at a commercial level or a big project then you should always choose an airless paint sprayer. It has a big hose and power to handle the heavy projects which you are planning to do on weekends. Decks, exterior walls, ceilings, doors and frames –all can be done by using this sprayer perfectly. It has tanker capacity of 1-5 gallons and it is also convenient to clean.
It has a pressure capacity of 1000-3000 PSI which is very good coverage. Due to its long hose, one can efficiently use it by twisting it all around without any effect of pressure. It is very easy to carry and care for because of its lean weight with a stainless steel tank, so that it can be cleaned easily and would never corrode.
Krause and Becker Airless Paint Sprayer Parts
In case of any damage or need for change of part, a variety of parts are available against these products. So no need to worry about any part replacement issue. There are almost 100 + parts available for this tool that contribute to its versatility . You can also visit below link to view parts details. These details will also be available with the user manual. Below manual is of an exemplary model.
Krause and Becker Airless Paint Sprayer Extensions
Grounded sprayers require a three wire extension cord. Double Insulated sprayers can use either a two or three wire extension cord. As the distance from the supply outlet increases, you must use a heavier gauge extension cord. Using extension cords with inadequately sized wire causes a serious drop in voltage, resulting in loss of power and possible sprayer damage.
Make sure the extension cord is properly wired and in good electrical condition. Always replace a damaged extension cord or have it repaired by a qualified electrician before using it. You can also find the details of extension cords on the user manual with the product.
Krause and Becker Airless Paint Sprayer Troubleshooting
There could have been several issues which you might face at the time of starting to use a paint sprayer or during spraying. So a quick troubleshooting guide is also available with the product to handle real-time issues.
Possible causes and their best possible solution could be as under
|Problem||Possible Causes||Likely Solutions|
|Pump will not prime.||Insufficient cleaning left input valve clogged.||Press the red inlet release button underneath the pump to loosen the inlet check ball.|
|Decreased output.||Obstructed trigger.||Clean around the trigger to ensure movement.|
|Inconsistent paint flow, blobs and splatters.||1. Clogged Spray Tip or damaged/clogged Fluid Filter.||1. Clean, adjust or replace Spray Tip or Fluid Filter.|
|2. Contaminated paint.||2. Remove paint and filter it.|
|Paint surface is bumpy or has orange peel texture.||1. Paint is applied too thick.||1. Paint must be thinned properly before spraying.|
|2. Incorrect paint volume.||2. Adjust Fluid Control Knob.|
|3. Paint gun too far from the paint surface during spraying.||3. Hold the spray gun closer to the surface during spraying.|
|Paint sags or runs.||1. Excess thinning of paint.||1. Recheck paint viscosity. Add unmixed paint to thicken the mixture.|
|2. Paint applied too thick.||2. Apply thinner coats, allowing paint to get tacky between coats.|
|3. Paint gun too close to the work surface.||3. Move the spray gun further back from the paint surface when applying paint.|
|4. Uneven or hesitant motion of spray gun.||4. Keep the spray gun moving during painting. Hesitations can cause sags or runs.|
|5. Excess overlapping of each spray stroke.||5. Overlap each stroke to keep the coverage even, but be aware that you are adding coat thickness by overlapping.|
|Blotchy surface (blushing) or uneven color.||1. Paint dries too slowly.||1. Use less thinner or add a drier.|
|2. Uneven paint application.||2. Start each stroke off the work material and overlap each stroke consistently.|
|3. Work material absorbs paint unevenly.||3. Use a conditioner or sealer coat before applying the finish coat.|
|Spots on the surface with light center (Fish eyes).||1. Paint mixture too thin.||1. Add undiluted paint to thicken the mixture.|
|2. Improper primer or incompatible surface.||2. Check manufacturer’s recommendations for primer or compatible surfaces.|
|3. Surface contamination.||3. Clean surface thoroughly with thinner before applying paint.|
|Spots on the surface with a dark center (Contamination).||1. Dust or dirt on the surface.||1. Clean surface with compressed air or tack cloth before painting.|
|2. Insufficiently sanded.||2. Sand wood to a sufficiently fine grit before painting.|
|3. Raised grain.||3. Wipe the wood surface with thinner to raise grain, Then sand with fine grit to knock off “hairs.”|
Krause and Becker Electric Paint Sprayer Gun
It is usually called a paint gun. Its usage is not for commercial use and obviously it would not be a wise decision to use this tool for larger surfaces. You can apply latex paints, water-based sealers, and lighter body paints and stains quickly and easily with this electric paint spray gun. It is for general purpose but serves as a perfect tool for household usage.
Its components include a spray nozzle and a proper nozzle guard. A pump housing attached and tightened with a container. On the other end it has a regulator to control the flow and a trigger just below that. A power cord is attached with it. So always be cautious while using it.
It is made to flow the paint at a high rate and with proper width for better coverage. By construction, it is very much durable because it has 24 oz. polypropylene paint cup with hanger. It also has 5 GPH of flow rate.
Krause and Becker Electric Paint Sprayer Tips and Manual
Always read the instruction carefully given by the manufacturer
- Always keep the work area lighted and clear of flammables, also proper ventilation must be taken care.
- Keep it out of reach for children for safety.
- Only people who have protection can enter the working area.
- It increases the risks of electric shock, so avoid distractions, as it can result in fire and injury to the user and the loss of control of the tool.
- Avoid working near explosive material. Thus electric power can create sparks which can ignite the material.
- Wear proper dress so that any body part could not get affected by paint or oil. Try to avoid untied long hairs and always use gloves and eye protections.
Krause and Becker Electric Paint Sprayer Gun Parts
At harbor freight you can get almost all of its parts in case of need for replacement or damage. You can also find the list and other details on the link below. This link is given just for an exemplary product.
Krause and Becker Electric Paint Sprayer Troubleshooting
When first filled, the gun may take up to 30 seconds after the trigger is held to prime and start spraying.
|Problem||Possible Causes||Likely Solutions|
|Sputtering Spray||1. Low paint level.||1. Refill.|
|2. Container tipped.||2. Hold upright.|
|3. Loose/damaged Nozzle.||3. Replace Nozzle.|
|Will Not Spray||1. No power at Spray Gun.||1. Check Power Cord.|
|2. Fluid is too thick||2. Thin fluid.|
|3. Nozzle assembly clogged.||3. Clean according to the Nozzle Assembly Cleaning section on page 15.|
|Overspray (Paint drifting to unintended objects.)||1. Improper application speed.||1. Move moderately and parallel.|
|2. Improper distance from workpiece||2. Adjust distance.|
|Nozzle Leakage||1. Dirty Nozzle.||1. Clean Nozzle.|
|2. Worn or damaged Nozzle.||2. Replace Nozzle.|
Follow all safety precautions whenever diagnosing or servicing the tool. Disconnect the power cord and safely discharge pressure before service.
Krause and Becker Airless Paint Sprayer Vs. Graco
Major comparisons are mentioned below with Graco products which can make a difference.
Krause and Becker are comparatively economical and of high quality as compared to Graco models. Because they are very much expensive.
Krause and Becker provides a standard 25 feet long hose with almost all airless models. But Graco does not provide the same with all of their models but It has such a long hose with a little count of models and causing extra money from your pocket so it’s a good idea to avoid purchasing it.
Paint buckets with Krause and Becker models are of plenty of space ranging from 1 – 5 gallons. So you need not to refill the bucket so many times to finish a task. But with Graco models even after paying a lot of money the paint bucket is not that much space and if some models have then it’s very low which causes the less suction of paint.
Krause and Becker Parts Replacement
It is also a major concern for many paint sprayer buyers that whenever they need to replace any part of any item whether its airless or electric gun because they can save a lot of money if choosing the right replacement parts. They found it very hard to get the parts. Due to that a big loss has to suffer by owner. Krause and Becker is making this very easy for you. Almost all of the parts are available online and also of harbor freight stores which are over 900 nationwide. So it makes very easy to go and get a part and also a replacement. Whatever the product is they have a huge storage and availability of parts for consumer convenience. All the list of parts available can also be checked on the user manual along with the product.
By reading all this we are sure you cannot only save a lot of time while selecting any tool but you can also save money by comparing it. With the help of this information you can also master the skills of doing paint at your home and making it more beautiful. But you can also give yourself some time to practice instead of going for a project right away and enrich your experiences with such tools.
Please don’t expect perfection.Once you order your new sprayer, you’ll need to be sure you’re using it correctly by reading on different products. Always reach the manufacturer to know about the details of the tool you are interested in. Visit different websites to know the ratings and reviews about products. Of course, our article would help to educate the ones who are trying it as DIY at all levels too.
Remember! Always read the manufacturer instructions for safety and usage before starting to use any of it. Because proper usage, care of tools can give you more output and value. And obviously taking care of instruction is really valuable for your life and belongings.