What Is Lacquer Spray Paint?
The word Lacquer is typically used to denote the number of potentially shiny and hard finishes applied to any material like wood, steel and so on. The specialty of lacquer paint is that is gets easily dried better than another category on both hard and smooth surfaces. It is comparatively highly durable, renders an excellent look and feels and water resistant.
In modern days, this lacquer spray paint is gaining massive importance among the user due to it high glossy finish that offers an accurate, excellent color rendition on any surface. Generally, it is being used to paint cars as it provides the illusion of depth. Still, you can find people preferring it for other projects too. There are many aspects that you should consider prior placing an order for lacquer spray paint.
Factors To Consider Prior Buying Lacquer Spray Paint
Lacquer is an excellent choice to go, yet it is thick and glossy, and if not applied correctly, it creates crack and bubble. Due to its translucent factor, it portrays the inconsistencies or flaws on the painting surface of the object.
It is mandatory that the surface on which you are planning to paint must be sanded smooth, primed and clean for which you can make use of ammonia-based cleaners as it removes any grease and grime. Ensure oils on your hand don’t interfere with the lacquer paint as it affects its ability to bond leading to peeling and bubbling.
Combining Lacquer With Enamel Paint
At a few instances, you may prefer painting a specialty color on the surface of the object using lacquer spray paint. Still, you may not find it. It is recommended to consider using lacquer paint along with enamel paint as the later is available in a myriad of colors and gets easily mixed with lacquer.
Ensure using a lacquer thinner while using lacquer spray paint as a solvent. While using lacquer above any other paint, it makes the below layer soften and hence it is good to apply enamel above lacquer, leaving time for each layer to get dried thoroughly. Enamel dries slowly whereas it takes a quick turnaround for the lacquer to dry.
Prior you pick lacquer spray paints for your object, you need to take into account the clean up after you make use of it. Lacquer spray paints are known for its durability and long-lasting. It is a very tough deal to clean it when applied on the unintended surface and to remover it, you must make use of lacquer thinner on steel wood or even denatured alcohol.
To remove the lacquer off, you can try scrub using the steel wood, and if it is not working out, you can pour thinner or alcohol directly on the spot and make use of a paint scraper. It is recommended to make use of lacquer thinner carefully and slowly without dabbing it on the surface in significant amounts.
Lacquer paints generally get dried extremely fast, and hence you must work quickly while spraying the paint as it looks good when you apply it generously in one long stroke. Make a fast one stroke move, begin the next stroke prior the first one open to dry and set. Also, barely overlap the corners.
Still, lacquer paints are natural to make use of that renders a fantastic finish on whatever object you paint. It is available in distinct colors and can be easily combined with other sorts of paints to create the beautiful wow finish. It is good to have a read on the above factors to consider prior buying it as it makes sure you to gain a better lacquer painting experience.
Apart from its attractive finishing look, lacquer spray paint work can be done in and around the home at an affordable cost. Even though it is not much expensive, lacquer paints remove the hassles included in painting, easy to make use and versatile. Still, their certain surfaces it may not be suited for but you can find several folks purchase many lacquer spray paint cans and utilize it just on every surface they feel so to paint which is a big mistake.
Find below tips on how best to make use of lacquer spray paint and why not to consider it for all painting project.
Tips On How Best To Make Use Of Lacquer Spray Paint
Try Small Prior Big
- Lacquer spray paint is available in a small can for a valid reason of space limitation. Lacquer paints are generally used on those projects and jobs that do not expect a vast area of coverage. You can use a can of spray paint may be to paint a 100 sq ft of space provided if you make use of it minimally.
- If you wish to cover your entire wall using lacquer spray paint, you may be forced to spend a lot of bucks. When you begin to do so, you will come to understand that one of the cheapest and best solutions is to go for purchasing a gallon of paint. Hence, by the identification of your project, go for buying the choice that fits you. If it is a significant requirement, then pick a distinct category than preferring lacquer spray paint.
- One of the significant advantages of lacquer spray paints is that there are distinct products available in the market that makes your paint project done easier. It is not recommended to hit the store and grab the first choice of the can that you see. Hence, it is good to take a breath, read the cans and make a wise decision considering your distinct requirement aspects.
- There are specialty lacquer spray paints exist that expands upon the painting project you can perform. You can give a high gloss lacquer spray paint finish to metal, concrete, brick and even plastics. The trick is that you must get settle on a right choice of lacquer spray paint that suits your job.
Touch up Projects
- Lacquer spray paints are generally an impulse purchase. Most of us might have experienced at some point of time standing in the walkway full of paint cans with a deep thinking and continuous wondering regarding which product will be more suitable and best for the project we handle. As a result of all the sorts of paints, you come across. Eventually, you will get settled with a can of lacquer spray paint.
Unfortunately, one of the disadvantages with lacquer spray paint is that it is not cover-all projects and the best way to make use of it as touching up paint to cover scraped paint on any brick, house or metal.
Repurposing and Renovation
- It is always good not to throw a product just because it is outdated, instead make it reusable. Empty window frames can regain a mural outlook; counters can be reformed into tables, doors into beautiful art pieces for which all you need is to make use of lacquer spray paint with an artistic mind. You can add your color and texture to it to get the desired reusable product out of the process.