Lacquer is a considerable option of various projects, from odd jobs around your home to individual projects.
One of the advantages and disadvantages of the tools is a spray gun to help you to complete your job. But choosing the best Lacquer gun is art itself. You need to be well-informed about spray guns so that you have all the necessary information to pick the most suitable gun for yourself.
Have peace of mind! To cope with this, we have compiled the useful information and a list of the high-quality spray guns. Your task is to read and select a suitable one now.
Let’s get started!
Top 5 Best Lacquer Spraying Reviews 2023:
The Most Excellent Lacquer Spraying Gun Reviews You Can Trust
It’s high time to select.
Here are the first-grade spray guns for lacquer spraying you should try experiencing.
1. Fuji 2203G Semi Pro 2 Spray
There are many special reasons that make the Fuji 2203G spray gun appear in this list at the first. Being a professional non-bleed tool, the Fuji 2203G spray gun is easy to adjust and control while using. This shows clearly through the construction. The turbine case is made of metal, along with a closed-by gun holder. It creates a convenient feeling.
The convenience is also due to the semi-pro systems, the non-bleed feature, and dedicated fan control. So, both the size and width are easily adjusted. Aside from that, the Fuji 2203G sprayer is pretty versatile. It allows the users to convert from a gravity feed cup to a bottom feed cup and conversely. Correspondingly, it suits all types of jobs.
The 400cc gravity is large enough to save the re-filling-paint time. With a standard air cap (1.3mm), it enables you to spray thin to medium materials. Don’t make you uncomfortable. On the contrary, you feel ergonomic with a staying-cool handle. It means that you will feel comfortable if you have to paint for a long time. By and large, the Fuji 2203G is a good selection for those who look for comfort throughout the painting process.
Pros: You can get very nice results, it is easy to clean after applying, setup and adjustment are easy, it is great for the serious DIYers, the build quality is excellent, the pressurized feature is unique that you are difficult to see on other guns.
Cons: A noisy little blue box, the air compressor does get hot, the fan is made of plastic.
2. Astro EVOT14 EuroPro 1.4mm Forged LVLP Spray Gun
The next spray gun we want to introduce to you is the Astro EVOT14 sprayer. In the event of lacquer spraying, the EVOT14 model from Astro has the optimal features. The first has to mention the construction of the forged body.
There are passages coated the inside to protect the body from corrosion. We have a high opinion of this because it contributes to lasting long tool life. With that being said, we do not forget the needle built-up stainless steel and slick-finished fluid tip. These help to maintain quickly and easily.
Another great feature is the full utility design. Starting from the air curtain, its design is effective to reduce overspray. Like that, you will save consumed paint. It combines with the innovative EVO-T technology. The atomization-and-classic quality is the finest.
At once, to minimize fatigue and enhance the ability to lubricate, the EVOT14 spray gun has equipped soft trigger pull and adjustable knobs. All bring a useful tool for lacquer spraying. It would be best to add your shopping list right away.
Pros: The price is reasonable , it works the base coat and clear well, cleaning is so much easier than many others, the control is simpler than ever, good for small pieces, waterborne compatible.
Cons: The fluid output is appropriately 13.5 cfm, it struggles to atomize higher solid clears.
- Forged body provides longer tool life and anodized body for corrosion protection with internal coated passages
- Stainless steel needle and fluid tip with slick finish for faster & easier cleaning
- “Air Curtain” design to minimize overspray and pollution with superior transfer efficiency to reduce paint consumption
- Innovative, advanced EVO-T technology (Patented) providing finest atomization & classic quality
- Soft trigger pull to reduce fatigue, lubricated adjustment knobs for better control, and advanced CNC machining to avoid the need for gaskets behind the tip
3. REXBETI Ultimate-750 HVLP Home Electric Spray Gun
If you are looking for a high-grade lacquer spraying gun with an affordable price, we have a good suggestion for you – the REXBETI Ultimate-750 HVLP Home Electric Spray Gun.
The bottom line:
The high power can reach up to 500 watts. Plus, the Ultimate-750 allows you to get precision and the strict smooth when spraying. The 1000-ml capacity is also much higher than some of the other paint sprayers. It is considered as the best electric spray gun for fences, crafts, chairs, interior walls, or tables.
Beyond that, the REX BETI Ultimate-750 Spray gun provides you with 3 various spray patterns, circular, horizontal, and vertical included. It comes with 3 different sizes of the nozzles – 3.0mm, 2.5mm, and 2.0mm, so any painting project does not make you difficult.
Furthermore, the tool has the flow control knob that enables you to adjust and control the amount of paint while spraying, depending on your DIY projects. After using, you are easy to maintain. Simply, bring it to wash. It’s okay! All in all, this is a user-friendly sprayer to use.
Pros: The body is lightweight, it allows you to move freely in a certain area with a 6.6ft power cord, the results are great, it is easy to sweep off the hardwood floors, you can completely control how much paint comes out, it helps you save much time.
Cons: The paint container seems small, especially with latex paint. Don’t have a precise spray pattern, so you need to be careful about overspray. It lacks directions.
4. Graco Magnum 257025 Paint Sprayer
It continues another ideal spray gun that you can satisfy – the Graco Magnum 257025 Paint Sprayer. The model is created by a reputable and reliable brand. How is this spray gun good?
Initially, this is a paint sprayer for DIY projects with a compact design. You can carry everything together without losing stability. If you are living in a narrow space, you do not have to worry about storage. In addition to the extra storage compartments, the compactness in the design is easy to store.
Continuously, we have to talk to the features related to spraying capacity. With the adjustable pressure, you become more active in controlling paint flow. In the case of high pressure, there is a piston pump made of stainless steel so that you can spray paint unthinned.
Even: You can directly spray from a paint bucket, thanks to flexible suction. For maintenance, it is both fast and easy. By connecting the power flush adapter to your garden hose, you might clean this spray gun from Graco.
Pros: A delivery hose is long, very easy for cleaning, it is pretty simple to use, it is pretty economical with paint, great for painting outside of the house, the nozzle can be set horizontal or vertical to choose to paint up and down.
Cons: It forces you to have to read the instruction before using, the volume of paint it takes for tear down and set up, the pump cycles on and off about every second.
- Just right for DIY Homeowners and Remodelers looking for more power and mobility when tackling larger projects
- Ideal for projects up to 10 gallons in size, allowing you tackle multiple projects every year
- Fully adjustable pressure control to give you ultimate control to spray paints or stains unthinned at any pressure
- Flexible Suction Tube allows you to spray directly from a 1 or 5-gallon paint bucket
- Supports up to 75 ft of paint hose to reach peaks or second stories without diminishing performance
5. Wagner Spraytech 0518080 HVLP Paint Sprayer
The final spray gun in our list is the Wagner Spraytech 0518080 Spray Gun. The model promises to bring a comfortable experience throughout spraying. How many outstanding features are there?
Similar to other sprayers in our list, the Wagner Spraytech 0518080 also has a variety of air pressure control. You can spray a horizontal, vertical pattern, or round by turning the ears on the air cap. Continuously, don’t forget to mention the 2-stage turbine. It allows you to spray an array of primers, stains, lacquers, and paints.
Whatever you apply it in the thick material, it is okay. It is important that you must control the air pressure.
A convenient point for spraying is the length of the hose ~ 20 feet. It is actually ideal if compared to some of the other sprayers. Correspondingly, you are easy to reach the spray surface.
For the result, you can have peace of mine. We can tell you it is both smooth and even.
Pros: A very small amount of overspray, very nice smooth finish, clean up is very quick and easy, the spray control is excellent, the use time lasts longer, it makes users very pleased at the dry time.
Cons: The air hose gets popped out a few times while using, there is noise a bit, after about 30 minutes it restarted.
- PERFECT FOR A VARIETY OF PROJECTS: The Flexio 590 paint sprayer is great for applying a superior finish on furniture, walls, ceilings, exterior siding, fences, cabinets, trim and more
- TWO NOZZLES INCLUDED: iSpray nozzle is ideal for spraying larger jobs and Detail Finish Nozzle is great for small projects and fine finishing
- SPRAY MOST UNTHINNED MATERIALS: X-Boost turbine delivers the power to spray most unthinned interior and exterior paints and stains. Adjustable paint flow to match covering speed and project size
- ADJUSTABLE PAINT FLOW: X-Boost Power Dial has 10 speed settings to easily adjust the flow of material and achieve precise control. Pattern adjustment can be horizontal or vertical and wide or narrow
- 10 TIMES FASTER THAN A BRUSH: This paint sprayer covers an 8’ x 10’ surface in 1 min for stains and 5 min for latex paints and can spray up to 8.0 gallons per hour. Plus, clean-up is quick and easy
What Is Lacquer?
If you have learned about lacquer, you will easily recognize many people who use it as a finishing coating, especially when painting wood.
So, we can understand that lacquer is a finishing product or solvent based paint. Lacquer is basically due to mixing pigments and plasticizers and combining dissolved nitrocellulose together.
Apart from that, adding shellac in alcohol is a useful solution to contribute to providing a durable coating with a high gloss finish, matter, or semi-gloss, depending on your demand.
Compare Lacquer to Varnish
Saying to either lacquer or varnish, both provide the users with a shiny coating. But, if lacquers bring a wide of color selections, varnishes are quite clear.
As far as we are learned, lacquers seem more durable and harder, owing to the combination of plasticizers. Lacquers are different from varnish. The users frequently spray them on the painting surface, instead of painting like varnish.
It is noticed that lacquers are fast drying and have many different sheen levels, from matte to high-gloss finish.
Moreover, lacquer sprays are cheaper and easier to utilize and clean while the results are nice and smooth. The external coating will protect the surface from oils, liquids, and dirt.
What a convenience it is!
Best Lacquer Brands to Use
There are different lacquer brands available on the market today, so which is reliable?
Catching on with the customers must say to:
If you generally do the simple projects, touching-up or repainting furniture and wood floors, Deft is considered as one of the quality options to complete your job easily. It brings a proud-of result.
Deft nearly comes up to the users’ expectation. It has been known as the dependable brand by consumers, contractors, and even craftsmen since 1953.
Not only is it easy to use but also ideal for wood finishes and stains.
Rust-Oleum, which manufactured protective coatings and paints for industrial demand and home, is the oldest brand.
Robert Fergusson founded Rust-Oleum in 1921 after a fish oil spilling problem. And until now, it is very preferred.
Whatever you are consumers or professional users, the manufacturer can meet your use.
Minwax especially produces architectural coatings. It is Arthur B Harrison, who founded Minwax in 1904.
It seems to understand the attraction of wooden beauty. Minwax prioritizes producing complete products to satisfy the wood finishing needs of consumers.
Their main purpose is to make and keep the beauty of wood.
We know about Aqua Coat based on the optimal features that it brings to the consumers. Honestly, this is one of few brands, which is eco-friendly and user-friendly.
All of their products rely on water and safety features – non-combustible, non-flammable, eco-friendly, and noncombustible.
Importantly, you do not take plenty of time to clean after applying.
By What Means Can You Look for the Best Spray Gun for Lacquer?
You should learn a few important things to choose the right spray gun for lacquer spraying. You ought to know that every spray gun will hand over the type of finish as expected.
To help you narrow the selection, we suggest 5 preferred types of spray gun you can invest:
- AAA spray guns: They are airless sprayers with the assistant of the air and the best option for the big application projects. You are easy to get consistency via less work every piece. Help to increase the overall result.
- Pressure spray guns: For those who love the traditional application method, the pressure spray guns are to suit. There are different pressure forms for your lacquer application.
- Gravity feed spray guns: Although a reserve is smaller than other sprayers, these guns are easy to clean and use. Frequently, they are an ideal option for DIYs.
- Suction feed spray guns: This type of spray gun is not too suitable for lacquer. But, if your spray techniques are good enough, you can still utilize them.
- HVLP spray guns: These are one of the great options for the DIYers when applying lacquer. You just need to install the spray gun to be able to apply the lacquer. For results, it is very consistent.
Have you determined the desired type of spray gun? Well, another vital point is to know how to use it properly.
As an example, for the HVLP spray guns, you must use a 1.6mm or larger size of the tip when applying lacquer. Nonetheless, you will only need a 1.2mm tip if you are utilizing a pressure spray gun.
Keep in mind!
Tips to Avoid Issues with Lacquer
When you spray lacquer, you ought to remember the following tips not to meet any problems with lacquer:
- It is necessary to ensure stains which are entirely dried before you utilize the lacquer spray gun.
- The best plan would be to coat 3 or 4 layers of lacquer. It is better than a thick coat directly.
- It recommends using a 320 fine grit sandpaper before you start coating the second and third coat. Like that, the adherence will be better.
- You can use a razor to shave a running layer and then re-spray again.
- It ensures that you spray lacquer in horizontal during applying.
- For the novice, you can be going to meet an arcing motion. This is a common error that you need to pay attention if you are a beginner.
- You should follow the manufacturer’s guide to keep a certain distance from the surface when spraying.
- Applying lacquer in a low-humid condition is ideal.
- Remember that above 65-percent humidity may lead to a blushing result.
- Lacquer spraying in the early morning will likely bring the best results, especially when you are living in a high-humid condition.
- You always have to move the spray gun at all times. To get an even finish, the flow of lacquer is impossibly interrupted.
- Let’s practice a bit to get the stability and maintain the speed because it is very difficult to avoid a couple of lacquer overlap on the applied surface as expected.
Clean up After Spraying Lacquer
First of all, you need to determine what type of lacquer you apply – water-based or nitrocellulose. If there is nitrocellulose lacquer, you can spray it all time, break in-between after each application, and wash the sprayer when completed.
Step by step start to remove the gun out of the air hose and pull all leftover lacquer in the gun into any container. Continue cleaning your spray gun based on the manufacturer’s instruction. On the contrary, for water-based lacquers, you will have to flush your sprayer with water. Don’t forget to return the leftover lacquer to the can.
Besides, to avoid lacquer buildup and affect the later results, you should clean all the remaining parts for the best quality afterward.
The Best Price for the Lacquer Spraying Guns
Also the quality, you also need a spray gun with the best price. How much is it?
In general, to own a quality spray gun that has the working-well capacity, you will have to pay a little. Of course, you must first consider your project because the price is also based on the features and type you chose. With the cheapest spray guns, there are the basic entry-level items. Their price is usually under $50. Inevitably, you cannot hope for these guns, which bring enormous results.
If you are an average user, the spray gun under $100 is great enough for you to perform the projects. The premium spray guns running with the high power are pretty expensive but in exchange for the top notch quality and enhanced features that will bring you so much help in the future. They are now under $300 per model. You get what you pay for, so they are considered as the professional tool for lacquer spraying. Let’s remember that nothing is both cheap and good. If you cannot pay for the professional grade spray gun, you let find one that meets your use in the budget.
Have you read the whole information above? So, you certainly have your own selection. We would like to repeat that you need to consider all aspects, the demand, project, type of spray gun, and price.
For lacquers, you should prioritize picking the reliable lacquer brand because their products always have a stable quality that can meet your expectations. We have also listed above. You can consult. With the spray gun, we cannot tell you what to be better because it must meet your use. For instance, if you are performing DIYs, the Graco Magnum 257025 Paint Sprayer will be good. With more various needs, you can consider the electric spray gun from REXBETI.
After all, what is your demand? What type of spray gun do you want? How much is your budget? When you answer all of these questions, you will be able to find a model as desired.
You’re on the right track. Do it your way!
I am a licensed architect who is passionate about all things home improvement industries, I have been doing DIY painting projects and have developed lots of experience around home improvement over the 10 years.