LVLP spray gun can save solvent and can be cost-efficient. In case of using on small volume, its air nozzle can be adjusted. There are two types of spray guns: the bleeder and non-bleeder gun. Bleeder can pass constant air flow through it. While non-bleeder cannot pass air through it.
There are certain air guns which can offer good and efficient results. Air guns can be made of aluminum such as SP-33000 LVLP Gravity. It is easy to handle. It is user-friendly. Depending on what surface you want to cover, you want the spray width to be reasonably suitable. Also, make sure you look at what pressure the gun requires and see if your air compressor is compatible
Best 5 LVLP Spray Guns Reviews 2019
Since LVLP paint sprayers are so useful thus, there are a variety of options available for those who are looking for a suitable gun for spraying. Here you will get to know about the top 5 automotive LVLP spray guns from which you could pick and choose the one that best suits your requirements.
1. SPRAYIT SP-33000 LVLP Gravity Feed Spray Gun
SP -33000 LVLP spray guns can be used for narrow spraying where the surface is small and you want more efficient results with small pressure. With this gun, wastage of spray can be reduced greatly thus, this saving of solvent makes it very cost-effective in terms of usage. On the other hand, overspray effect can also create a surface look which doesn’t feel balanced or have fine finishing. But, with SPRAYIT SP-33000 LVLP problem of over spraying is solved and you can get a fine finishing even on intricate painting work.
It is also able to use a portable air compressor, by using which you can control air quantity, producing refined results. Even in the case of wide spraying, its air compressor can be adjusted. It can be your best choice for cost-effective fine finishing on automobiles.
2. SP-33500 LVLP Gravity Feed Spray Gun Kit
This spray gun is made of aluminum, therefore, it is light weighted and it has the 20-ounce fluid cup that offers the comfort feel for the entire job, also mainly because of lightweight and easy to handle. Moreover, it has the smooth trigger unlike many other LVLP spray guns. Two guns are adjustable on this kind of LVLP gun which are SP-33000 LVLP Gravity Feed Spray Gun, SP-33500 LVLP Mini Gravity Feed Spray Gun. Besides the gun, four adjustable size needles are also offered which are 0.8mm Needle Kit, 1.3mm Needle Kit, 1.7mm Needle Kit and 2.0mm Needle Kit. Its Air Regulator can control air quantity. You can also clean your gun with Spray Gun Cleaning Kit. It’s a whole package for a great job.
3. Astros EVOT14 EuroPro Forged LVLP Spray Gun
This Astro LVLP spray gun is easy to handle because of its refined design and lightweight. It can also be used by naïve users as this is not much difficult to operate. It has the lightweight body, which is the reason why you can anticipate minimal fatigue with its use, even if you have to use it for quite a long time. The design of the cup of this spray gun is also worth giving an emphasis.
It is made in such a way that it has a tight seal. With this, you can expect that the paint will not spill from its container, which also guarantees minimal mess in your work area. This can be your best choice if you want clean work, with zero spills and wastage of solvent.
4. SPRAYIT SP-33310K LVLP Spray Gun Kit
SPRAYIT SP-33310K LVLP Spray Gun Kit can be used for variety of different applications such as Automotive, Industrial, Marine and Wood Working. The LVLP features require less air, allowing you to use a smaller air compressor. Using the SPRAYIT SP-33310K Gun also reduces overspray and allows you to spray larger surfaces without having to stop. The Stainless Steel Fluid Needles and Nozzles are corrosion resistant thus, are very durable. The separate and adjustable fluid fan pattern and air controls make for more precise fan patterns and less waste. The SP-33310K Spray Gun Kit comes complete with the following things: SP-33000 LVLP Gravity Feed Spray Gun, SP-31000 LVLP Siphon Feed Spray Gun, 1.3mm Needle Kit,1.5mm Needle Kit, 1.7mm Needle Kit, 2.0mm Needle Kit, Air Regulator and Spray Gun Clearing Kit.
5. Astro EVOT13 EuroPro Forged LVLP Spray Gun with 1.3mm Nozzle and Plastic Cup
Astro EVOT13 spray gun’s Forged body provides longer tool life which makes this product more innovative because CNC machines have been used in it. In order to provide high efficiency, “Air Curtain” is designed to minimize overspray and pollution. Moreover, it provides superior transfer efficiency to reduce paint consumption, as tested in the lab of FraunhoferIPA, Germany. Finest atomization & classic quality makes it more effective than many other LVLP spray guns in the market. It has Anodized body that protects from corrosion and Internal coated passages. Stainless steel needle, 1.3mm Nozzle and fluid tip makes it even more versatile. Slick finish for faster & easier cleaning is one feature that makes it best.
Due to its Lightweight: 285 grams (0.6 Lbs, it can be used by Naïve painters who cannot manage tools easily since, it has Soft trigger pull to reduce fatigue, which makes it the best choice for beginners. Furthermore, it has precise lubricated adjustment knobs for better control and innovative CNC machining to avoid the need for gaskets behind the fluid tip.
What is an LVLP Spray Gun?
LVLP stands for Low volume Low-pressure air gun. You can find this tool in wooden work and workshop of automobiles to create intricate patterns in a car. LVLP has the small nozzle that ejects low air pressure and low volume. Lower CFM (Cube feet per minute) and PSI (pounds per square inch) are required for LVLP air gun.
Application of this tool is limited to a small area only. As compared to HVLP sprayer it has a small nozzle and it can do better work for those areas where you need more refinement and better quality. As it has low pressure and low volume of paint, therefore, you need to be patient while painting it. This tool has its applications limited to the small area.
Types of LVLP Spray Guns
Bleeder Spray Gun & Non-Bleeder Spray Gun:
- Bleeder spray gun has always a place for the flow of air inside whereas, a non-bleeder don’t have such an option. Bleeder spray can get maximum airflow inside through the air nozzle. Atomization of fluid of all material is released instantly into the air as the air is continuously flowing.
- In this kind of spray gun, air flow will be constant whether you push the trigger or not. Air cap plugging can become one of the major issues but using bleeder air gun, the bleeder style spray gun ensures the minimum chances of clogging air cap. Besides its benefits it has some cons like solvent can flash rapidly and as a result, there is a need to use additional solvent.
- When it comes to using air or air with fluid, then the non-bleeder gun is the option which you should go for. As soon as we press trigger, air flow also stops. No bleed ensures the continuous flow of air and fluid. You can control the air and solvent which can prove helpful if flashing off solvents prematurely is problematic.
How to Choose Best LVLP Spray Gun?
Best LVLP spray guns can be chosen by reviewing the other customer’s experiences. Most low-pressure low-volume guns are fairly similar, but there are a few things to keep in mind before choosing the best LVLP spray gun for you.
- Based on trigger action there are two types of air guns known as a bleeder and non-bleeder guns. Either the trigger is pulled or non bleeder guns have a constant air-flow. This results in a stronger stream and faster drying and reduces the risk of the air-cap becoming clogged. However, these guns allow slightly less control over the spray.
- The guns on our list are all non-bleeder guns. They often come with cleaning kits to make it easier to prevent associated issues.
- LVLP spray guns can be gravity feed (cup on top) or siphon feed (cup underneath). Most are gravity fed as this requires less air pressure and makes for a simpler design.
- Siphon feed guns, though somewhat outdated, may be preferable to the old-school painter or for certainly specialized coatings. Always consider what product you will be spraying when choosing your spray gun. The type of needle and its size are important variables to keep in mind.
- Depending on what surface you want to cover, you want the spray width to be reasonably suitable. Also, make sure you look at what pressure the gun requires and see if your air compressor is compatible.
When to Use Low Volume Low Pressure Spray Guns?
Low Volume Low-Pressure guns can be used where you want more refined paint and a low volume. It can be used for designing purpose as it can be adjusted and easier to handle than other spray guns especially HVLP. Besides, it can also allow air and can control air passing. It can fine tune paint for precise application. That’s why in automobiles in order to create intricate designing it is used widely.
LVLP spray guns are the new charmers of painting world for intricate designs and fine finishing specially on automobiles. Best LVLP spray guns are hard to find in the market due to extremely competent marketing for each product. It becomes nearly impossible to find the one which truly can get the job done. For your convenience, we have listed our top 5 best recommendations for LVLP spray guns, so that you can have your hands on the best possible product. Especially for the DIY users, who love to do it themselves and rely on our reviews, we assure you these are expert choices. Happy painting!