I’m pretty sure that you have more than once to get annoyed by the mildew, grime, dirt, or stains on your driveway.
For instance, the dirt or stain stuck on the crack of the driveway and broke in your tire when you bring the car out of the garage.
Or the crash and dust that stay in the crack of the concrete surface can make it worse by damaging the road structure, decreasing the property value of your house.
Now you can see the importance of a pressure wash driveway.
Follow us to see more detailed information about this product, and if you want to buy one, we also suggest some excellent devices on the market.
What is the pressure washer?
A pressure washer is known as the best and quickest device, helping you to clean the driveway.
This machine uses the high-pressure water spray to remove all the dust, grass, and unwanted pieces on the road.
Type of Pressure Washer
There are two common types of the pressure washer, which is Gas pressure washer and Electric pressure wash
Let’s see what the difference between the two models is.
Electric Pressure Washer
As its name suggests, an electric pressure washer uses the electric as the source of energy. This model usually costs less and runs quieter than the gas pressure.
It’s suited for the small jobs such as cleaning the dust, but hard to remove the stubborn stain as it is less powerful than the gas one. You have to keep the distance of the cord and hose, so it’s challenging to mobilize in a large area, but it’s lightweight, so you can bring it on the go quickly.
Because of the low water pressure, it takes you many times for cleaning. The nozzles of electric pressure washer are usually made from a soft material as aluminum, so it’s less sturdy than the gas-powered models.
Gas Pressure Washer
Although the gas-powered washers are more expensive than the electric ones, the advantages they bring worth every cent.
No cord and hose, the working area is unlimited; you can use it to clean a larger area. And with the powerful motor, it can satisfy most users in doing larger jobs like cleaning patios, sidewalks, or even exterior siding.
Time is money, and this model can save you a lot of “money.” By using higher-pressure water, a gas-powered washer can clean all the vast area quickly without the need for chemicals.
Because this model uses very high water pressure, so almost all of the nozzles own a wide angle and are usually made from sturdy hard metal.
However, this device is quite heavy, so you need a massive space for a storage station.
If you choose a gas pressure washer, please don’t use it in the break time. The sound comes from the working process is very noisy, which can make all your neighbor feel annoyed. You don’t want to make more haters, do you?
Check the gas power annually as you don’t have a stable energy source like an electric one that can prepare for your work anytime.
Be careful when cleaning the vulnerable surface such as wooden surface as the high pressure can break the paint. Don’t try it on human also as high pressure water can cause a severe injury.
How to Pressure Wash Driveway
Wash Your Concrete Driveway
To be honest, the way to use pressure washing to clean your driveway is not difficult at all. Just follow these steps below correctly, then you can master your product.
- Attach the garden hose with the nozzle on the device to have enough water for the cleaning process. Then start the machine and wash over the driveway to remove all the grass, leaves and the pebbles.
- After clearing all the small pieces on the driveway, attaching the soaping nozzle to apply the detergent. Remember to use the proper cleanser for your driveway washer (You should ask the seller about this or read the manual precisely).
- Use the spring nozzle to soak the road with enough amount of detergent. Then wait about 5 minutes as this is the time for the chemical substance to break down all the tough stains and other dirt on the driveway.
- After 5 minutes, it’s time to blast it all away. For this step, we recommend you to choose a surface cleaner instead of using high water pressure. Because a surface cleaner can work better than the high-pressure nozzle as it allows water to disperse over a larger area and also protects the concrete surface from being damaged by high pressure.
- If you see there are still some dirty areas left even after using the detergent, then a rotary nozzle is your hero at this time. A rotating nozzle can create a rotating water flow in high pressure that can remove all the stubborn stains effectively
- Finally, use the 25-degree nozzle again and wash through the driveway to clear all the detergent.
Wash the Brick Driveway
Compare to the concrete driveway, the brick road requires a different method to clean all the dust on the surface. It takes less steps than the washing concrete driveway process:
- Use the proper spray nozzle to soak the surface driveway down with water. The reason why we should cover enough water for the surface is not to let the chemical substance to be absorbed directly into the brick, which can break down the structure of the road.
- Use the soap nozzle to apply the right detergent. Similar to the concrete driveway, wait 5 minutes to ensure all the stubborn stains, dirt has been broken down.
- Eventually, choose a proper 25-degree rinsing nozzle to clear all the detergent and some dirt, mildew left on the driveway. Remember not to use very high pressure as it can devastate the mortar.
Which Pressure Washer Should You Use?
Now you know all the necessary information and the precisely guide to operate a pressure washing. After seeing all the advantages this device brings to you, we guess that you may want to buy a quality-model of this product now.
To make your shopping more comfortable, we give you the list of the best pressure wash driveway on the market in 2020.
1. Sun Joe SPX3000
Sun Joe SPX3000 has dual detergent tanks located on the top to inject chemicals into the stream. So you can save a lot of times as you don’t need to get extra detergent when it’s over, two tanks can switch easily during the process.
This model has five different nozzles, including 0, 15, 25, 40 degrees and a soap nozzle, which is enough to satisfy your need.
If you scare that the sound of this device can blow off your ear, then don’t worry, we have run a test, and the sound during the process is quite low. Therefore, you don’t need to scare if it can annoy your neighbors.
Even this is a low noise product, but the power of Sun Joe SPX3000 is impressive. The motor can generate up to 2030 PSI/1.76 GPM for maximum cleaning power, and working pressure can reach 1450 PSI.
And like many other models from Sun Joe, The TTS (Total Stop System) cannot be missed. This feature allows the pump to automatically turn off when you release the trigger, saving you a lot of electric energy.
However, the assembled process is quite long, which usually takes you 30 minutes to set up. Although we follow the instruction carefully, they still take a lot of time.
- Dual detergent for convenient switching
- Low sound on working
- Powerful motor and working pressure
- Unique TTS (total stop system) function
- Long and hard assemble process
2. Sun Joe SPX3001
Another product from Sun Joe brand, it also has received many great feedbacks from the customer.
The SPX3001 has many similar functions with SPX3000. For instance, we can find five different quick-connect sprays including 0º, 15º, 25º, 40º, and soap nozzle in this product.
The performance of SPX3001 is the same as SPX3000, since both units use the same motor which can generate up to 2030 PSI/1.76 GPM for maximum cleaning power and deliver 1450 PSI for working pressure.
And of course, a Sun Joe product must have the TSS technology. This function can automatically shut off the machine when you plug out the handle, preserving electric power and prolonging the lifespan of the motor.
But it also has many different advanced features.
The washer is designed to look modern and straightforward, but it’s still lightweight (just around 36 pounds). Otherwise, the combination with two plastic wheels making SPX3001 easy to be carried on smoothly.
The hose reel attachment is the main difference in this model compared to SPX3000. The hose reel allows you to reel the residual hose, making it easier to store the 20-foot hose.
Not like SPX3000, SPX3001 get only one detergent tanks. However, the volume of this tank is massive enough for the whole cleaning process, which is about 1.2l.
- Eco-Friendly as no gas power
- Lightweight – easy to transport
- Sufficient hose reel attachment, saving storage station
- Various nozzles for cleaning purpose
- Large detergent tank
- TSS technology (Total stop system)
- More expensive than SPX3000
- Loud sound on the working process
3. Greenworks 1700 PSI
The last product is also the most powerful pressure wash driveway on this list. As its name, this model delivers up to 1700 PSI at 1.2 gallons per minute of the water flow, washing every dirt easily even on the sturdy surface such as a deck, patio furniture or your vehicle.
Similar to SPX3001, the manufacturer has added on the Greenworks 1700 PSI a 20 feet hose reel system that helps you store the product with ease.
Although it doesn’t comprise five different nozzles, two common quick connect 25 and 40-degrees are enough to wash various surfaces.
The special on this model is the removable detergent tank, which can plug out and fill the chemicals easier. Besides, with a 35-feet power cord GFCI built-in, you can plug it on all exterior outlets.
However, the attachment of the hose to the washer body has a poor designed. The primary materials are the soft aluminum, so it’s difficult even to get it started to screw on and then.
- High working pressure (up to 1700 PSI)
- Elegantly designed with eye-catching color
- Low sound coming from the motor while working
- 20 feet hose reel system for saving storage space
- A removable detergent tank for easily plug in/out
- 35 feet power cord with GFCI built-in
- Weak and soft aluminum designed of the hose’s attachment
We have shown you all the information as well as the instruction to run a pressure wash driveway correctly. Follow our steps below to master your machine.
With the list of the best products on the market, we hope that you can take it as a reference to find the most suitable product for your house.
If you find this article helpful, please leave your comment and share it with your friends and family.