Wagner is a name of quality and is a brand to reckon with when it comes to paint sprayers. Its products are embodiment of power, performance and high functionality for the newbies, pros and DIYers. So whether you are building a new home or building or just renovating your own bedroom, Wagner FLEXiO 890 Paint Sprayer is your answer to unmatched quality finish and flawless results. Available at discounted price, it is an excellent bargain with uncompromising quality and operational excellence.
- Wagner FLEXiO 890 sprayer is state of the art technology that offers high material flow and air power for spraying over large surface areas such as walls and decks.
- It can be adjusted to low material flow and air power to spray over smaller areas such as corners, lattice or spindles.
- It offers full control over spraying with full coverage. It can be used to spray variety of material that also includes unthinned paints.
- It comes with two nozzles, Detail Finish and iSpray Nozzle to provide flexibility of spraying over different surface areas.
- Adjustable spraying pattern is available in vertical, horizontal or circular motions giving you greater freedom to undertake variety of projects.
- Its compatible and portable casing provides excellent storage solution.
- It comes with 1-year warranty.
Buy It On Amazon
Benefits of Using Wagner FLEXiO 890 Paint Sprayer
Wagner is known for manufacturing high quality products and providing optimum home improvement solutions. You can use FLEXiO 890 Paint Sprayer for both interior and exterior painting solution and can use unthinned material as well providing quality finish. Here are some pros and cons of using FLEXiO 890.
- Wagner FLEXiO 890 Paint Sprayer can be used to spray an 8 foot by 10-foot surface within 5 minutes time providing you with fast painting solution.
- The X-Boost turbine that comes with FLEXiO 890 Sprayer produces 3 times more power than any other turbine of other brands in the market.
- 60% more airflow ensures smooth and professional finishing with any kind of coating material you are using.
- Its Power Box can be used to store all its components making it a compatible unit.
- You do not have to carry the spraying unit in your hand making it less burdening during long painting hours.
- It can be a cumbersome job cleaning it up
- You may have problem with too much overspray while doing the paint job.
The Customer Score
Customers have rated Wagner FLEXiO 890 Paint Sprayer 3.9 out of 5, whichgives it a high standing among its competitors in the market. Consumers have found it to be lightweight, powerful and adaptable to different painting objectives, which may be for broader surfaces or small areas. Moreover, its speed of finishing project in less time makes it favourite among many of its users. If done properly, customers found it easy to clean up as well. Overall feedback of users came out to be on very positive note.
Read Customer Reviews
How to Use and Maintain Wagner FLEXiO 890 Paint Sprayer.
For any machine to be used, its proper setup and assembly is imperative for its smooth function and optimum performance. Therefore, setting up FLEXiO 890 Paint Sprayer properly is a prerequisite or ideal finish you are aiming for. Here are the steps for the setup of the unit.
- Remove all items from the FLEXiO 890 Power Box.
- By pressing the locking tabs on the two sides, you will be able to lower the carry handle.
- Take out the air hose and handle assembly.
- Unwrap the power cord and close the air hose retainer.
- Take out your preferred spray nozzle.
Thinning the Material: Sometimes it is necessary to thin the material you are using for coating purposes, to get fine and flawless finish. When you are using iSpray nozzle, you may not need to thin the material at all, as it is quite capable of providing you with impeccable finishing with unthinned material as well. However, for finer finish using Detail Finish nozzle, it may be necessary to thin the material until you get ideal consistency for flawless finish.
Preparation of material:
- Make sure the material you are about to use is thoroughly stirred and mixed to avoid inconsistent texture.
- Take off the paint cup from the nozzle by unscrewing it.
- Strain and thin the material to the right consistency and fill the container with the desired amount. Do not attach it yet to the nozzle.
Assembling the Sprayer
- Insert the suction tube into the intake opening.
- The tube should be aligned as instructed according to the direction in which you are going to paint. If you are painting downwards, angled end should point towards the front. And in case you are painting upwards, the angled end should be aiming towards the rear of the nozzle.
- Now you should screw the cup back on to the nozzle carefully and make sure it is tightened properly and firmly.
- The arrow of the nozzle should be aligned with the unlock symbol on the gun’s handle.
- Insert and twist the spray nozzle into the handle towards the lock symbol. The tab below the trigger will lock the two in place.
- Now assemble the air hose with it through the air hose port.
- Turn on the Power Box switch. Switch on the handle button. This will turn on the turbine.
Air and Material Control
Proper spray performance is ensured by the factors such as air power, material flow and material viscosity. Different controls make sure you get the desired results using these factors.
X-Boost Power Dial
This dial is used to adjust air pressure level produced by the turbine. You can adjust to your liking. High power results in faster coverage and flawless end result while using thick material as well. While lowering the air power may result in rough finishing. Use the arrow on the dial to change the settings according to your painting job.
Material Flow Control
It decides the amount of paint material sprayed from the sprayer. If you are using thick material, start with highest setting and decrease gradually to the desired level.
For thinner materials, you should start with low settings and increase gradually to desired level. For faster speed to work, the setting should be at higher level. This also reduces drips and sags in the paint job.
Proper Spraying Techniques
For ideal results, proper spraying techniques are necessary to employ. For this, following steps are recommended for your desired finishing.
Prepare the surface
- Make sure the surface you are going to paint is clean.
- Make sure to mask the areas not to be painted, properly to avoid spattering of paint because of overspray.
- Ensure the area to be painted is dust free.
How to Spray Properly
- Trigger should not be pulled without turbine running. It will result in leaking of material from the nozzle.
- Position the gun perpendicular to the surface. Keep the distance of at least 6 inches from the surface.
- Spray parallel to the surface making smooth passes at consistent speed. It will provide regular finishing.
- It is advised to start with thin coat at first. Second coat should be heavier.
- For full coverage, each spray pass should be overlapped by at least 50% while spraying large surfaces.
- Make sure to trigger the gun after spray pass has commenced. Release the trigger before stopping a pass. Gun should be aimed at the surface squarely.
Maintenance and Clean-up
The right cleaning solution for washing FLEXiO 890 comprise of warm soapy water for latex material and mineral spirit for oil based materials. Do not use solvents with silicone content.
For cleaning process:
- Unscrew container and empty remaining material.
- Pour cleaning solution into the cup
- Attach the cup back to the nozzle and plug in the turbine. Turn on the handle and turbine.
- Spray the cleaning spray on a chosen surface. Shake the gun well when spraying.
- To clean the nozzle, ensure the cord is unplugged and air hose is not attached to the turbine. Remove adjustment rings from the nuts and clean with brush after removing all parts.
- Use soft brush to clean up the vent on the suction tube.
- Check the filters before every use and remove any dust particles found. Never use the sprayer without filter.
- Replace the dirty filter. Smooth side of the filter should face the turbine.
Wagner FLEXiO 890 Paint Sprayer is state of the art technology that provides you with impeccable quality finishing in reasonable cost with a compatible storage space in shape of Power Box which houses the whole unit and its components making it highly compatible unit which is easy to handle and move as well.