Apart from giving the car a new look, there are several other reasons people want to spray a pint in their vehicle. If you are looking for a simple method to paint your car like a professional, then this article will help you to get the job done.
You need to pay a hefty amount to get your car painted by a professional painter. Apart from the money, your precious time also gets wasted as you need to first find the best painter in the city. So, rather than spending your money as well as the time, follows the step by step guide to precisely get the job done.
Step by step guide to spray paint your car at home
Before looking at the step by procedure, first of all,let’s discuss about the tools you will require to complete the process. Collect all the tools mentioned below for executing the process:
- Wet grit papers
- Electric sander
- Spray gun
- Air compressor
- Dust extractor
- Enamel paint
- Face mask
- Paint Thinners
The best way to get the task done is with the use of a spray gun. The entire process of painting a car is too lengthy and if you wish to complete it in a quick time, then you must use a spray gun. Along with the use of spray guns and other things you can complete the entire process in a quick time. So, let’s have a look at the step by step method to paint a car:
Be ready with your preparations
- Before starting the process, you must make sure that you have done your homework. The better you will focus on the preparations, the better results you will obtain. Moreover, organizing all the things at one place will save you time and help you to complete the process as quickly as possible.
Select an appropriate place
- First of all, you need to select a perfect place where you wish to execute the process. Most of the people prefer to paint a car in the garage as all the necessary equipment are already present. You can also wash your car in the open sky if you do not have a problem with the temperature.
How much paint is required to paint a car?
- The next important question, which comes to your mind after collecting the tools and selecting the place is the amount of paint required. Since you are not a professional painter, you will need more amount of color as compared to a professional painter.
- If you own a small or medium-sized car, then you will require a 1-gallon base coat, 3 gallons clear coat and 4 gallons top coat paint. The amount of paint mentioned above is perfect for you as it will help you to cover up your mistakes and make appropriate corrections.
Match the color code
- The next step is to find the color code of your car to match the color coating. If you are unable to find the color code, then check the compliance plate of the car. Once, you have found out the color code, provide the details to the paint shop to get the perfect color match for your car.
Get the best paint sprayer
- To get the perfect results, it is essential for you to find the best paint sprayer. There are several models available in the market, but you should choose the best one. To select the best model, you can check the customer reviews, take help of the internet for the trending models and then make your decision.
Once, you have completed all the steps mentioned above; you are ready to spray paint your car. Now, let’s have a look at the final stages to give your car a new colorful look:
Wear glasses and other protective gears
- You should put the dust mask, glasses and other protective gears to protect your eyes and other body parts from the paint spots. Spray paint spots on your body might cause severe issues for you as it contains toxic elements, which are harmful to the human body.
- Before painting your car, you must use sandpaper for sanding. You need to double your efforts while sanding the corners of the car. The better you will take care of the sanding process, the better results you will obtain later on as the paint will sit correctly.
Use spray gun for priming
The next important step is priming. Before executing this process, you must practice the technique on a rough board or another element to master the technique. If this step goes wrong, then you might have to repeat the painting process from the first step.
- Cover the different areas of the car; you do not wish to paint. Now, take a spray gun and start the spraying technique. However, while using a spray gun, you should make sure that you do not hold the spray gun in the same position. If you do keep the gun in the same place for a long time, the paint will get thicker in those areas and ruin the whole look of the car.
- For excellent results, you should do at least two coatings. Before you start the second coating, you need to make sure the coats were even in all areas. If you find any area with an uneven surface, use sandpaper to make it even first.
Once, you are done with the second coating; you must follow the necessary instructions listed below for a successful color paint session:
- Remove the coverings from the car.
- Leave the car for a few hours to make sure the paint properly sit in the car.
- Do not park the car under a tree or in open as the dust and leaves will ruin the paint coatings.
- If you find any flaw, then use sandpaper for smoothing the affected area and then repeat the spraying process.
This is the simplest way to spray paint your car at home. Follow all the instructions mentioned above to get the job done in the most natural way possible.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)